Missing clip for ribbon cable to gimbal boardrc

Reaction score
first post here, so hello from me. Just purchased a pre-used P3A with a video image problem. Thinking I would just replace the ribbon cable and have a working drone. When opening up the gimbal, I noticed one of the clips missing off the dual 17 pin molex connectors. Been searching forums and wider internet for info on this clip/connector.
Think the part might be Molex 503480-1700 but need someone wiser to confirm if possible. Only really need the black clip, but willing to purchase complete if I can find somewhere that supplies smaller quantity than 3000.
I live I Aberdeen, Scotland if anyone in UK can point me to a supplier. Thanks in advance.
Charlie

Find a damaged board and get the clip from there.

Buying a new one will mean you'll have to re-solder the whole connector. It is unlikely that you will get the exact same part this way.

quaddamage, that's my preferred option if I can prize a clip off an old board and stick on my exsisting board. But getting one is proving difficult. If anybody that's fixed a similar problem by purchasing a new connector could confirm the part number and supplier they used, that is another option.
Looks like most just buy a complete used gimbal. I prefer the Locost version of repair ;-)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic