Method of fly higher than limit 500m

Just watched a recent YouTube video of some guy in the USA - flight to 700m doesn't look much more grand than 400' no fish tank required.

Last edited:
dude stop apologizing ,its as if you did something inappropriate to someone's sister here. People want to act like the FAA spokeman here let them and just laugh. Just like the vette/mustang forums, we all talk about a race from time to time, and let me tell you, that is 10000000x more dangerous, but you don't see Johnny law screaming about how they will ruin the hobby for everyone, omg, omg.

:)

Yeah man, that's pretty relevant, seeing as how many municipalities are banning cars.

This max altitude work around stuff all seems a bit "secret squirrel" in these pages. I really don't think the drone police are waiting for you ;-)
I tried the only work around I found on the net about initiating RTH at max altitude and then cancelling and supposedly climbing out of the 500M.
Didn't work for me after several attempts. So personally I'd be happy to learn of something to bypass this silly restriction. I'm thinking it's much more likely that a pilot would get into trouble taking their bird out 2-3 miles cross county, than it would be trying to clear a 600M hill.

Mine had been up to 30'000 ft altitude.
But without battery, turned off and as carry-on baggage ;)

Reactions: Pharm
I'm pretty sure dji has safeguards in place for barometer errors, two months ago I flew into a front comming in, GO flashed a barometer error and showed a maximum altitude of 5643 feet, the P4 remained at my present altitude of 360 feet and flew normally till I got back home. After looking at the flight log the bird did not even attempt to make a altitude correction and remained were it was and thats a good thing other wise it would have tried to go under 1640 and that would have been the sceen of the crash.

hello everyone,

there is a very very risky way to get above 500m. So it should only be used in a wide open area where no oother people, builidings or any other things are around, and by someone who can accept the loss of a drone. Generally I do not recommend this solution at all due to safety concerns.

How it works: Fly the drone to the maximum flight level where you can still hear the drone, switch the motors off and restart them again immediately. Usually the drone takes over controll again pretty fast. If you are good at it, you can repeat it at higher altitudes again, also without hearing the noise of the motors.

hello everyone,

there is a very very risky way to get above 500m. So it should only be used in a wide open area where no oother people, builidings or any other things are around, and by someone who can accept the loss of a drone. Generally I do not recommend this solution at all due to safety concerns.

How it works: Fly the drone to the maximum flight level where you can still hear the drone, switch the motors off and restart them again immediately. Usually the drone takes over controll again pretty fast. If you are good at it, you can repeat it at higher altitudes again, also without hearing the noise of the motors.
You first.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I may do it with my 200qx just for fun. It limits altitude because you can't see it past about 100 meters, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello everyone,

Hahahahaha.... Please post the video when you go for it....

Reactions: Prometheus_Xex
You can try also in the simulator, it takes about 150 meters to recover after double CSC. The point is that it is just a simulator, can it handle such extreme case (is fall speed really correct)?

hello everyone,

this is obviously a joke right? the drone would fall instantly and probably roll backwards and then upside down.
and once its upside down, Phantom cannot correct itself

What makes you say that? I fly my miniquads upside down all the time, well, for as long as I can/dare. Recovery is simple enough, just rotate in any direction until you are right side up. I see no reason the phantom cant do this.

Besides, I doubt it would even end up inverted. If all 4 motors are shut down, Id expect it to come straight down with the 4 props windmilling above cg, and thus somewhat stabilizing the drone.

Not that I plan to try or recommend anyone trying the above experiment though.

hello everyone,

Im calling BS....

CSC will stop and hopefully restart motors however barometer reset would require complete power cycle or convincing phantom it landed....

this is obviously a joke right? the drone would fall instantly and probably roll backwards and then upside down.
See at 1:40
That was with Phantom 2 but I think it can be redone with P3.

More crazy:

I see the string.... Kidding. That's interesting.

Dont try without modding as he did; reversing props, reversing the naza controller (which will be tricky to do with a P3). Cool experiment though, looks great :) Now someone try this with a phantom:

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl