Maria Firefighting Aerial Assault on temp. hold

Reaction score
I was watching the local news yesterday morning and I couldn't believe what was just reported. All firefighting aerial assaults were put on hold overnight due to drones illegally flying in this TFR. It is imperative that these brave men are allowed to continue their heroic efforts to fight these wild fires. Lives and property are in danger. They are, as of now, once again airborne however, valuable time has been lost. So you law breakers please stop giving drones a bad name and stop your illegal activities. Lives are at risk!

Reactions: Capt KO
I was watching the local news yesterday morning and I couldn't believe what was just reported. All firefighting aerial assaults were put on hold overnight due to drones illegally flying in this TFR. It is imperative that these brave men are allowed to continue their heroic efforts to fight these wild fires. Lives and property are in danger. They are, as of now, once again airborne however, valuable time has been lost. So you law breakers please stop giving drones a bad name and stop your illegal activities. Lives are at risk!

Yup, a real shame. Do you actually think that these morons will listen or learn? You can't fix stupid. It's a permanent ailment and a rampant epidemic. These reports will certainly hurt the drone pilot community with further regulations. Every news report had it.

I can't believe someone is so ignorant to fly their drone like this. There are TFR's for these wildfires. It says stay the hell out.

The agency says that helicopters are especially vulnerable to drone intrusions.
"While helicopters engaged in firefighting operations are slower than the aerial supervision and retardant-dropping aircraft, the air movement dynamic created by the rotor system of a helicopter creates a unique collision hazard," according to the NIFC website. "A small drone can literally be sucked into the rotors of a helicopter.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.