Manual Pano

Reaction score
I've never tried doing a pano with my P3S before. Doesn't look like there's any good way to do one. These I did by just turning it. I tried moving sideways but that didn't work.
The sensor is also too small to really work well at night. Guess I'll have to upgrade...
DJI_0736_41  EMN cylindrical pano.jpg
DJI_0772_83  EMN Night PanoSm.jpg

You can shoot panoramas easily with any camera.
Click, turn, click, turn, etc
Upgrading might give you a better camera but it won't shoot panoramas any better.

Reactions: ghutch
You can shoot panoramas easily with any camera.
Click, turn, click, turn, etc
Upgrading might give you a better camera but it won't shoot panoramas any better.
So no matter what drone, I won't be able to get a pano in a straight line perspective?
Bummer, that's the reason I was going to tell my wife I needed a better drone :smiley:

It sounds like you are objecting to the curvature distortion. This is the nature of the beast when trying to flatten a series of pics taken with a 180° field of view. You are essentially curving the land off to your sides around in front of you.

I have thought about programming a Litchi mission. To fly sideways in front of a scene and stop and take pictures every so often and stitch those. That would let me put together a pano without turning the camera. But in many cases I’d end up with issues of parallax.

It sounds like you are objecting to the curvature distortion. This is the nature of the beast when trying to flatten a series of pics taken with a 180° field of view. You are essentially curving the land off to your sides around in front of you.

I have thought about programming a Litchi mission. To fly sideways in front of a scene and stop and take pictures every so often and stitch those. That would let me put together a pano without turning the camera. But in many cases I’d end up with issues of parallax.
I did try flying sideways a couple of times, Photoshop burped on both of them...

I did try flying sideways a couple of times, Photoshop burped on both of them...
You could try Microshaft ICE. But the perspectives changes between foreground and background may make it unusable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31