Manual Pano

I've never tried doing a pano with my P3S before. Doesn't look like there's any good way to do one. These I did by just turning it. I tried moving sideways but that didn't work.
The sensor is also too small to really work well at night. Guess I'll have to upgrade...
DJI_0736_41  EMN cylindrical pano.jpg
DJI_0772_83  EMN Night PanoSm.jpg

Meta4

Staff member
You can shoot panoramas easily with any camera.
Click, turn, click, turn, etc
Upgrading might give you a better camera but it won't shoot panoramas any better.

You can shoot panoramas easily with any camera.
Click, turn, click, turn, etc
Upgrading might give you a better camera but it won't shoot panoramas any better.
So no matter what drone, I won't be able to get a pano in a straight line perspective?
Bummer, that's the reason I was going to tell my wife I needed a better drone :smiley:

It sounds like you are objecting to the curvature distortion. This is the nature of the beast when trying to flatten a series of pics taken with a 180° field of view. You are essentially curving the land off to your sides around in front of you.

I have thought about programming a Litchi mission. To fly sideways in front of a scene and stop and take pictures every so often and stitch those. That would let me put together a pano without turning the camera. But in many cases I’d end up with issues of parallax.

It sounds like you are objecting to the curvature distortion. This is the nature of the beast when trying to flatten a series of pics taken with a 180° field of view. You are essentially curving the land off to your sides around in front of you.

I have thought about programming a Litchi mission. To fly sideways in front of a scene and stop and take pictures every so often and stitch those. That would let me put together a pano without turning the camera. But in many cases I’d end up with issues of parallax.
I did try flying sideways a couple of times, Photoshop burped on both of them...

Meta4

Staff member
The only problem with that app is it only shoots JPEG's. I always shoot DNG...
Creating the composite image is like putting everything in the blender .
Using dng files is probably overkill and file sizes are already huge.
Jpg images are fine for creating panoramas.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southern Flyer