Man shot, killed in Lawrence, Ind. after drone transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What a tragedy...

LAWRENCE, Ind. - A suspect is in custody for the impending death of a man in Lawrence today.

A man, later identified as 41-year-old Brad McKinney, of Mooresville, was shot this afternoon while attempting to buy a drone.

Police believe during the transaction a third person, later identified as 34-year-old Richard Chambers, of Pendleton, came up and shot the victim in the head outside a home at 48th and Longworth, just east of 46th St. and 465.

Police said McKinney was originally pronounced dead, but later said he has been declared brain dead while the organ donation process takes place.

SOURCE: Man shot, killed in Lawrence after drone transaction

I'm sure the drone had no bearing on what happened. Could have been a pizza being delivered.

And PLEASE, stay on the topic, no political rants.

Your right and him just having bought the drone might just have been a coincidence , Could have been anything .
Groceries or anything else .

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Dear Members,
Be aware that some of are brave military veterans with post traumatic syndrome can't handle the sound of drones.
I have a neighbor with PTS. He was very nice about it, but had a big problem with me flying my drone in front of my house.
He showed me pictures of mortars and when launched had the same buzzing sound of a drone.
I could tell he was very emotional about it. I thank him for his service and stopped flying in front of my house.
Just something to think about.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Dear Members,
Be aware that some of are brave military veterans with post traumatic syndrome can't handle the sound of drones.
I have a neighbor with PTS. He was very nice about it, but had a big problem with me flying my drone in front of my house.
He showed me pictures of mortars and when launched had the same buzzing sound of a drone.
I could tell he was very emotional about it. I thank him for his service and stopped flying in front of my house.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

What does this have to do with the topic of this post?

Dear Members,
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Good to know. Thanks for posting that

I’m sorry but start another topic. This is the problem with these forums that most just go off the reservation And then just lose the plot. Your contribution, while heartfelt, has nothing to do with the original topic. And it’s increasingly difficult to navigate these forums looking for information because apparently either it goes off the rails from politics or ADD. You can view me anyway you like and trust me, making a comment about YOUR post, will probably be seen as I’m a horrible person because of the content of your post. I’m commenting that your post wasn’t part of the topic. That’s it.

And you do have power too. Rather than extracting yourself from the forums because of comments directed at you, just block me or anyone who might unsettle your day.

I asked a legitimate question.

And you went Off topic asking so if you have a issue with a post ..
giphy-3.gif
Don't continue on .
Now let this be the end of that and carry on . On Topic.
Thanks .

Dear Members,
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

I must have missed it in the article. Was the shooter doing it because he was having a flashback or something?

Armed! Only in America! Sad...
but sorry I’m getting off subject here.
Yes, we can take responsibility for our own safety in America.
London had a higher murder rate last month than New York did..... only in the U.K.! Sad...

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm sure the drone had no bearing on what happened. Could have been a pizza being delivered.

And PLEASE, stay on the topic, no political rants.
Sad that things go that way at times. I agree if it would have been a pizza delivery the headline would have only been man shot and killed... I would like to see "Man with a drone wins the lottery!" (fat chance) But if I would ever be so lucky to win and the media would want a picture I would only do it if the heads line would be that "Man with a drone wins the lottery!" and I used my flight records to generate the wining number.

Always, and I mean ALWAYS, conduct high value transactions in a public place like a bank or police station, indoors.

What a tragedy...

LAWRENCE, Ind. - A suspect is in custody for the impending death of a man in Lawrence today.

A man, later identified as 41-year-old Brad McKinney, of Mooresville, was shot this afternoon while attempting to buy a drone.

Police believe during the transaction a third person, later identified as 34-year-old Richard Chambers, of Pendleton, came up and shot the victim in the head outside a home at 48th and Longworth, just east of 46th St. and 465.

Police said McKinney was originally pronounced dead, but later said he has been declared brain dead while the organ donation process takes place.

SOURCE: Man shot, killed in Lawrence after drone transaction

I bough my P3P off a bloke in a pub. Honest, Guv'nor, so I did.
'Twas a good pub and plenty of nice beers on, so stayed a while. And I paid in cash, for all to see. A raised eyebrow or two might have been expected, but not a one. My kind of pub, see; there are others where I would not even set foot, but not for safety fears.
The reason for this shooting may never come out- and I use the term 'reason' very loosely indeed, as what reason can there be for such woeful behaviour?
Guns don't kill poeple- poeple with guns do. Take the guns away and it gets harder. (Sadly, it would probably only stimulate underground gun sales. What a world indeed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor