Man Shoots Down Neighbor's Drone, Ordered to Pay Damages

Reaction score
Interesting story, looks like small claims came down on the side of the drone flying neighbor. Also looks like AP has gotten their hands on stock P3 pictures. The article was about a homemade hexacopter yet they used a stock P3 photograph.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2486927,00.asp

Sorry but your link didn't get me to the article only to opening page.

Would McBay be considered a "Redneck", after reading the article I'm at this judgement.

To be the first response with a firearm seems very so Redneck-ish here.

Reactions: Airborne
"I asked: ‘Did you shoot that thing?’ He said, ‘Yeah, did we get it?’"

This cracks me up. Fear of the unknown.

blank stare.png
Did you shoot that thing?’ He said, ‘Yeah, did we get it?
Heck..around here if we kill it we grill it :eek:

Would McBay be considered a "Redneck", after reading the article I'm at this judgement.

To be the first response with a firearm seems very so Redneck-ish here.

yes, redneck fits very well...

The guys head must have exploded when the victim emailed him the estimate and the total of the damages was 666. Evil Evil Evil.

Neighbor is lucky this was only treated as a civil matter. Could have easily been considered criminal. If he destroyed the entire drone it could have been a felony. Then he'd be required to give up his guns. How'd he then protect himself from the CIA and little green men.

Neighbor is lucky this was only treated as a civil matter. Could have easily been considered criminal. If he destroyed the entire drone it could have been a felony. Then he'd be required to give up his guns. How'd he then protect himself from the CIA and little green men.
I lost all my firearms in an unfortunate boating accident.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

How about discharging a firearm into the air or discharging a firearm in close proximity to buildings?
I wonder how it went...
Maw - "Hey paw, you see dat up yonder? It looked like some kinda flyin' thing-a-majig! It must be the NSA spyin' on us again!
Paw - Don't worry maw, I'll get ma gun! Hold my beer, I'm fixin' ta shoot that there spy machine right clean outta da sky!
Maw - Shoot it paw! Shoot it!"
Paw - Dad gum! I think I got it! I got it maw!

How about discharging a firearm into the air or discharging a firearm in close proximity to buildings?
I wonder how it went...
Maw - "Hey paw, you see dat up yonder? It looked like some kinda flyin' thing-a-majig! It must be the NSA spyin' on us again!
Paw - Don't worry maw, I'll get ma gun! Hold my beer, I'm fixin' ta shoot that there spy machine right clean outta da sky!

:D

I wonder how it went...
Where do i send my money.jpg

I wonder how it went...
Also a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 32 - "Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities". If our drones are aircraft for the purpose of enforcing 14 CFR 91.13 "Careless and Reckless" then we deserve the protection that 18 U.S. Code § 32 provides.

Reactions: TeamYankee
Also a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 32 - "Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities". If our drones are aircraft for the purpose of enforcing 14 CFR 91.13 "Careless and Reckless" then we deserve the protection that 18 U.S. Code § 32 provides.
Good luck with that! The new "in" thing with government is "selective enforcement", only to pursue a political agenda. The rule of law is quickly devolving to what some politician "says" it is at any particular moment.

Let's not get into politics here because it's against forum rules, and you would lose the argument.

Let's not get into politics here because it's against forum rules, and you would lose the argument.
I sure don't want to get into political debate, that's why I didn't frame my statement as such. My statement stands on its own............... if you don't think it is absolutely true, you're a low-information voter who hasn't been paying attention. Politics drives "every" bit of legislation in America. There is no getting around it, and it's a fact. I would not lose "any" political argument. But I'm sure you'll want to get the last word in, to say you're right, and that's the end of it lol!!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Your statement was purely political.
But
Final statement: All administrations select which laws to prioritize with limited resources. Nothing new here.

Yes Logan's Run was a documentary I believe.

:)

Reactions: MattRCGeeks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers