Man died trying to retrieve his drone.

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This was posted in Mavic and am having trouble translating this .If this has already been posted
or not what he says it is please let me know ...../
this accident happened today in our capital city.

when he was landing his drone, it got cought on church belltowers gutter. so he climbed up the gutter, but he fell from around 15m. saddly, he didn survive.

FOTO: Padel s cerkve in umrl

This was posted in Mavic and am having trouble translating this .If this has already been posted
or not what he says it is please let me know ...../

FOTO: Padel s cerkve in umrl
Just in case here's what it say in english for those who not have translate option
Screenshot_20180603-173024.jpg

Thanks for that lanzone . Was what I gathered but wasn't sure .
Guess thats the first drone related death I have ever read about .
Is bad .

Thanks for that lanzone . Was what I gathered but wasn't sure .
Guess thats the first drone related death I have ever read about .
Is bad .
Yes, but the drone wasn't running when it caused the death. It actually could have been anything! He could have lost his tennis ball or his canary in that gutter, and he still would have climbed up there. But unfortunately the media is going to use it against us, saying drones cause deaths. My grandma is always giving me drone advice she hears on CNN. She thinks that drones are used for spying, and she tells me to be careful a lot. BTW I hate the media! (Did I make myself clear?)

Yip point taken but in this case he was trying to get his drone back,he should have at least got some sort of help before attempting ,media always going to twist any story a bit more,it's the news, it's got to sound bad for TV, gezz I don't even think they wrote the news properly looking at there wording,
Morel of that story is "stay off the roof"

Yes, but the drone wasn't running when it caused the death. It actually could have been anything! He could have lost his tennis ball or his canary in that gutter, and he still would have climbed up there. But unfortunately the media is going to use it against us, saying drones cause deaths. My grandma is always giving me drone advice she hears on CNN. She thinks that drones are used for spying, and she tells me to be careful a lot. BTW I hate the media! (Did I make myself clear?)
Yes you made yourself clear Weston .
facepalm.gif

Added / Yes it could have been those things but if it had I would not have posted it and I have not seen any negative press over it . Do not read more into this than it is. It was drone related to me as he was flying a drone ,got it stuck and fell to his death trying to retrieve it .

Last edited:

Good point. Especially valuable, since the media doesn't appear to have spun it as anti-drone, that you proactively got there first to accuse them of planning to do that.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Good point. Especially valuable, since the media doesn't appear to have spun it as anti-drone, that you proactively got there first to accuse them of planning to do that.
It didn't look like that news report was anti drone, but if other media companies pick it up, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a call from Grandma soon...

My grandma thinks that somehow drones can fly near windows without being heard, and that they can even see through closed window blinds! Like has been said many times before, the guy with the telephoto lens can spy on you better than any flying weedeater could. I understand this horse has been beaten to death many times on this forum, so I'll stop now...

My grandma thinks that somehow drones can fly near windows without being heard, and that they can even see through closed window blinds! Like has been said many times before, the guy with the telephoto lens can spy on you better than any flying weedeater could. I understand this horse has been beaten to death many times on this forum, so I'll stop now...

I agree that there is a lot of paranoia about drones out there, but let's not fuel the fire by overreacting in the other direction.

People do dumb things when there is money at stake. Most drowned scuba divers are found with their weight belts still attached. First thing they should have done when in trouble was ditch the belt with its lead weights but they don't want to lose something that will cost them $80 to replace, so they die.

When I talk about mine, I tell people I have a quadcopter. If they ask what that is, THEN I say "Drone" but add that I hate the implications that go with that word.

These are the same points that I use when I encounter people with those"fears".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl