Man Charged For Shooting Drone

Would love to hear the drone operator side to it. Not that
it would matter but would be interesting as well.
Guy would have to been pretty low for a shotgun .

I wonder if the drone was registered properly etc....

He discharged a firearm in the city limits. What kind of town has a chicken farm in it? I bet he had a sign for the employees that said, no weapons allowed on the property. Drones are especially hated when people are hiding something.

I wonder if the drone was registered properly etc....
Yeah that’s why I would like to hear the operators side to this. Might be more to it than reported that caused him to shoot it down. He should be fined accordingly for shooting
it down but I bet there is more history to this than reported.
This one will be one to keep up on.

He discharged a firearm in the city limits. What kind of town has a chicken farm in it? I bet he had a sign for the employees that said, no weapons allowed on the property. Drones are especially hated when people are hiding something.
I don’t know of any and we have lots of chicken farms here
but they are all out in the country .
With this Virus and farmer having to do away with everything
from dumping milk to disposing whatever maybe he just
didn't want the publicity. until we know the whole story
i don’t think it’s fair to say he was doing something he was trying to hide. Not taking up for him just saying we don’t
know the whole story.

Aside from the fact that he did this with a weapon in city limits, it's really akin to ripping an SLR camera out of your hands and smashing it to the ground. It's really no different than any destructive act on another's property.

Aside from the fact that he did this with a weapon in city limits, it's really akin to ripping an SLR camera out of your hands and smashing it to the ground. It's really no different than any destructive act on another's property.
It is a federal offense to shoot at aircraft the FAA considers drones as aircraft so to me that makes it different than destroying someones property which is what makes this a interesting story

Reactions: MTO
Having said all that, and bearing in mind I am a drone pilot, I might not have been too pleased if someone was flying a drone outside my daughter's bedroom window and couldn't see who was flying the drone. Just another viewpoint

I hope an example is made of him in that he serves time, pays a fee, and has to make restitution to the owner of the drone.

Reactions: dronesky
Having said all that, and bearing in mind I am a drone pilot, I might not have been too pleased if someone was flying a drone outside my daughter's bedroom window and couldn't see who was flying the drone. Just another viewpoint
Your viewpoint is well taken and most would agree with you. We aren't talking about that. You can call the police. By federal law, you still aren't allowed to shoot a drone.

Reactions: dronesky
There should be federal charges for shooting down a aircraft. The FAA is regulating us to death, so they should also defend us.

Reactions: MTO and dronesky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav