Major drifting problem

Reaction score
Just want to see if anyone else has had the following issue.

I fired up the Phantom for a flight and I realized while waiting for GPS lock that it was indicating that it wanted a compass calibration. I did the calibration and it gave me all the signs that it was successful.

Once in the air, about 20 meters off the ground it acted like it had lost all gps orientation despite the iosd telling me it had 11 satellites. Once I realized it was having trouble I brought it back down not wanting to tempt fate. There was maybe a 5 mph wind, I've flown it in much worse conditions and watched the phantom keep perfect altitude and position.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Landon

Xanadu said:
Just want to see if anyone else has had the following issue.

I fired up the Phantom for a flight and I realized while waiting for GPS lock that it was indicating that it wanted a compass calibration. I did the calibration and it gave me all the signs that it was successful.

Once in the air, about 20 meters off the ground it acted like it had lost all gps orientation despite the iosd telling me it had 11 satellites. Once I realized it was having trouble I brought it back down not wanting to tempt fate. There was maybe a 5 mph wind, I've flown it in much worse conditions and watched the phantom keep perfect altitude and position.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Landon

are you in naza mode did you change it to atti ? by accident ? was this your first flight ? you might need to change the gain settings

I'm still in NAZA mode, I haven't changed anything on that side.

I've flown it probably 25-30 times. There's a Zenmuse/GoPro/iosd/transmitter on it as well.

About to go out and try it again.

-Landon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl