Maintenance of the phantom 3SE

I have a question about maintenance. What for maintenance are there? Do you need lubricate soms parts?
Regards Vincent
No lubes needed,sealed bearings,,if sound dry search the right sort,,most lubes attract grit and stuff like valve grinding paste in the motor,,these motors probly out live us,,,there is a non magnetic oil but not sure on name and not really needed,,just my 2 cents

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
No lubes needed,sealed bearings,,if sound dry search the right sort,,most lubes attract grit and stuff like valve grinding paste in the motor,,these motors probly out live us,,,there is a non magnetic oil but not sure on name and not really needed,,just my 2 cents
The bearings are shielded rather than sealed- you can get oil into them but it’s orobably not needed. As you have said you run the risk of creating a sticky abrasive mess which would defeat the purpose.

The props are probably one of the important things to maintain things get ugly real quick when they fail. You should inspect them all the Time for any damage and replace if found Replace them after 3 months I also replaced mine after 100 flights but there is no science behind that. If you hit anything with them replace them and I would replace them with DJi ones Keep an eye on the plastic pins and rubber camera mounts as they are constantly vibrating The motors should outlast the rest of the drone Give it a wipe over with a damp cloth inspecting for cracks. If and when the camera does start doing weird stuff you will need to reset the IMU and Re calibrate the camera You will also need to do a compass calibration at some point do not do this over anything metal or concrete or have your phone or tablet really close to the Drone that’s about it off the top of my head

The props are probably one of the important things to maintain things get ugly real quick when they fail. You should inspect them all the Time for any damage and replace if found Replace them after 3 months I also replaced mine after 100 flights but there is no science behind that. If you hit anything with them replace them and I would replace them with DJi ones Keep an eye on the plastic pins and rubber camera mounts as they are constantly vibrating The motors should outlast the rest of the drone Give it a wipe over with a damp cloth inspecting for cracks. If and when the camera does start doing weird stuff you will need to reset the IMU and Re calibrate the camera You will also need to do a compass calibration at some point do not do this over anything metal or concrete or have your phone or tablet really close to the Drone that’s about it off the top of my head
The props are surprisingly durable. If they haven’t hit anything and the threads look good and there are no cracks there is no reason to replace them.

As for the drop pins in the gimbal they are close to useless in a crash. What often happens is they let go and you end up ripping the ribbon connector off the OFDM board. The best thing to do is throw the pins away and replace with loosely fitted cable connectors (on all four mounts). You get much improved security and better camera isolation as a result.

Best thing you can do is be familiar with how the drone flies and sounds (including flight time) when everything is good. That way any problems are likely to reveal themselves before something fails.

As for the motors an occasional rotation by hand to feel for binding, end float or runout is all you need to do. They are, as you have suggested, likely to never need replacing.

A great pre flight check of the drone...insures a safe flight ^UP^..... and back down !
I always lay my drone on a table upside down and look it over...and then i set it on a table on the landing gears and check the props for damage...and check the tightness of the four props with the Dji tool...Its bad to have them too tight and terrible to have them too loose....slightly tight /snugs Great BUT... no gorilla tightness OK
With the Birds....Your post was super great and covered a whole lots of great tips ! Thank you.

I replaced all them wimpy pins in the gimbal assembly with the small nylon ties a year ago !

Reactions: PhantomFandom
A great pre flight check of the drone...insures a safe flight ^UP^..... and back down !
I always lay my drone on a table upside down and look it over...and then i set it on a table on the landing gears and check the props for damage...and check the tightness of the four props with the Dji tool...Its bad to have them too tight and terrible to have them too loose....slightly tight /snugs Great BUT... no gorilla tightness OK
With the Birds....Your post was super great and covered a whole lots of great tips ! Thank you.

I replaced all them wimpy pins in the gimbal assembly with the small nylon ties a year ago !
I meant to say cable ties (zip ties) rather than connectors though.

The props are surprisingly durable. If they haven’t hit anything and the threads look good and there are no cracks there is no reason to replace them.

As for the drop pins in the gimbal they are close to useless in a crash. What often happens is they let go and you end up ripping the ribbon connector off the OFDM board. The best thing to do is throw the pins away and replace with loosely fitted cable connectors (on all four mounts). You get much improved security and better camera isolation as a result.

Best thing you can do is be familiar with how the drone flies and sounds (including flight time) when everything is good. That way any problems are likely to reveal themselves before something fails.

As for the motors an occasional rotation by hand to feel for binding, end float or runout is all you need to do. They are, as you have suggested, likely to never need replacing.

Great post and I never thought of replacing those pins with zip ties. So much more secure, even though it probably doesn't look quite as neat. I'll need to try it. THANKS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20