Low Battery Warning Question

Reaction score
Reading thru all the information here can be quite overwhelming but very helpful. I'm confused as to when my bird will self RTH due to remaining battery. It did just that a couple of days ago while I was out at the beach but it didn't occur to me to look at the remaining battery power when it turned around in its own.
I noticed that in the battery screen, the low battery warning is set at 30%. Will that initiate the RTH when in the air (at 30%) or will the bird calculate when to turn around itself? Is that % just for me to know when I'm getting close to low power? I know there is another warning. The critical battery warning.

Well I just looked at my last flight at the beach and it auto RTH when it still had 66% battery. I landed with 30%. So I guess my question is, if I'm just flying around close to me and I get to the set battery level warning of let say 30%, will the bird RTH at that point or is it more of a warning for me?
Thanks for the helping this noob out. Hope I made sense [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is - you've got your low battery warning and critical battery warning. Low battery will RTH, but you can cancel that if you want (not advised). Critical battery will auto-land, although you still have some limited control.

This should all be outlined in your manual, so if I was you I would confirm this with the manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj