Lost Drone. Be wise before anything happens.

I have my Marco Polo tracker fixed to the rear left leg, antenna pointing upwardsand parallel to that leg, and have flown more than seventy full flights with it, sometimes more than 3,000 ft range without any mod and not noticeable problems of balancing or interferences
7a54e94baec3d5ec213816f2dc5a591d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Frankc and aermale
This is what I have been hoping for. A useful tracker. Let us know how you got on and where you bought it from etc. If there is a UK base for this product I may well contact them for some Forum discount. Have done it several times in the UK and managed to get between 10% to 25% discount on product for Forum members, not the Phantom Forum though (yet)

Thanks again for reporting back. Does look like a good bit of kit. Instead of hiding it close by try hiding in a couple of so miles away too. Lost drones are usually at the edge or beyond the area of control.

I have my Marco Polo tracker fixed to the rear left leg, antenna pointing upwardsand parallel to that leg, and have flown more than seventy full flights with it, sometimes more than 3,000 ft range without any mod and not noticeable problems of balancing or interferences
7a54e94baec3d5ec213816f2dc5a591d.jpg

Nicely done. Where did you get the "remove before flight" pendent?

This is what I have been hoping for. A useful tracker. Let us know how you got on and where you bought it from etc. If there is a UK base for this product I may well contact them for some Forum discount. Have done it several times in the UK and managed to get between 10% to 25% discount on product for Forum members, not the Phantom Forum though (yet)

Thanks again for reporting back. Does look like a good bit of kit. Instead of hiding it close by try hiding in a couple of so miles away too. Lost drones are usually at the edge or beyond the area of control.

Had a look at this but it's not cheap at $250 expensive postage....only two miles range so what does that mean if it comes down in trees, a lot less...there is a small matchbox size tracker about $10 that you put a SIM card in , ring it and it send s a message to your phone with its position in Google maps, obviously out of range or cellular network it's not going to work, but it's range is limitless and it's inexpensive

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Had a look at this but it's not cheap at $250 expensive postage....only two miles range so what does that mean if it comes down in trees, a lot less...there is a small matchbox size tracker about $10 that you put a SIM card in , ring it and it send s a message to your phone with its position in Google maps, obviously out of range or cellular network it's not going to work, but it's range is limitless and it's inexpensive

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I think I know the ones you mean. Ideal for tracking pets etc? Total and utter waste of money. Eyesight would work better than these things. Handy if you do not know which pocket your keys etc are in but other than that don't waste your time. I got 4 TrackR's and kick myself every time I think about it. Could write more but not without swear words .......... lets just say I was very unhappy with the results.

Haha. I did the exact same on my old p3s. I put on it ( if lost please call ###-###-#### before my wife finds out) it worked. The guy called me in 10 mins laughing. I figured if a wife finds it she will laugh and probably call. And if a guy finds it then he can relate and probably call too. Just a idea.but definitely put your number on it either way

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I used to put on any book I loaned "This book was stolen from MY NAME". Strangely, I always got my books back after that.

Reactions: Frankc
Frankc: You asked where I got the Remove before flight pendant... Well, I got the one in the photo as a goodie from a visit to an Airbus plant. You can buy it from many places. If you look in Amazon
for "Remove before flight red key chain", you"ll find them for $4.99, or $7.49 a pack of three.

Reactions: Frankc
Frankc: You asked where I got the Remove before flight pendant... Well, I got the one in the photo as a goodie from a visit to an Airbus plant. You can buy it from many places. If you look in Amazon
for "Remove before flight red key chain", you"ll find them for $4.99, or $7.49 a pack of three.

Thanks. Unfortunately we dont have an Airbus plant in our village so it looks like its going to have to be Amazon. I used a piece of bright card attached to a bright bit of cord attached to the lens cap, but id like something more professional. Thank you for your reply.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor