Looking for inexpensive upgrades.

Reaction score
I picked up a p34k, for dirt cheap. needed a charger(got a car charger for $30) from Amazon. Flies great, lots of fun. I want to buy a few extras for.it for Christmas, but on the cheap side.
I was looking at the gimble guard that fits under the landing gear, and landing gear extenders. I was reading that some gimble guards interfere with the camera and some don't. Any recommendations. Also thinking about the $29 alfa apa m25 wifi extender. I have built those parabolic wind surfers(made it a kids craft project). Don't have a ton of faith in it.
Here is the link to the gimble guard and legs I was looking at.
https://www.amazon.ca/Protective-Pr...ccessories&dpPl=1&dpID=51K3D2Q2eJL&ref=plSrch

I picked up a p34k, for dirt cheap. needed a charger(got a car charger for $30) from Amazon. Flies great, lots of fun. I want to buy a few extras for.it for Christmas, but on the cheap side.
I was looking at the gimble guard that fits under the landing gear, and landing gear extenders. I was reading that some gimble guards interfere with the camera and some don't. Any recommendations. Also thinking about the $29 alfa apa m25 wifi extender. I have built those parabolic wind surfers(made it a kids craft project). Don't have a ton of faith in it.
Here is the link to the gimble guard and legs I was looking at.
https://www.amazon.ca/Protective-Pr...ccessories&dpPl=1&dpID=51K3D2Q2eJL&ref=plSrch
I purchased that very same bundle for my P3S. Work just fine. I added a red ribbon to the lens cover to remind me to remove it before powering up. The gimble guard cannot be seen by the camera, even when aimed straight down at the ground.

I'm not familiar with the antennas.

Thanks for that. Was it worth it? The wider stance looks like.it might be helpful in grassy situations or if things are super level. Almost don't need the guard with the gear extenders.

Thanks for that. Was it worth it? The wider stance looks like.it might be helpful in grassy situations or if things are super level. Almost don't need the guard with the gear extenders.
I missed the extended landing gear in the "frequently bought together. Don't have it.

The guard will help in tall grass but more importantly help protect the gimbal in the event of a crash or hard landing.

I know this post is up a while but I had a neweer camera guard but I found that it puts a lot of work on the gimbal motors to compensate for the extra nose heavy weight of the cover/ sun guard. Also can catch the ground during the gimbal dance unless you use extensions as you mentioned.
Take care

I know this post is up a while but I had a neweer camera guard but I found that it puts a lot of work on the gimbal motors to compensate for the extra nose heavy weight of the cover/ sun guard. Also can catch the ground during the gimbal dance unless you use extensions as you mentioned.
Take care
Consider mounting the lens hood after warm-up or just hold the AC in your hand a few inches above the ground.

You could also counterbalance the camera unit with something that will add just enough weight to compensate for the lens cover but not too heavy. After all the rear cover is actually a weight balance in itself for the camera from the factory .

I don't like adding anything to the camera, there is lots of movement always happening.
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20