Longest range you flown with fc40

Reaction score
As stated in my description of the top and title I'm looking for people who have the FC40 modified and antennas for further long range distance I can get about 1 1/2 mile and then I'll get RTH kick in
I'm looking for a longer range antana I'm running at the moment a 5.8 extra range aerial but I want to go further
In NAZA is there anything you need to set for further range

Yes I read it but it's not telling which antanna for TX my phantom fc4o does 1/2 mile I just want to go further I have already those battery's mate

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
I put 2 fpvlr cloverleafs on my phantom rx and also a 5 turn rhcp helical fpvlr on my phantom TX. I also have a 5watt amp I use with it as well. I have gone like 6000 ft with it, maybe a little further. Problem is that I barely have enough battery to go out further and get back safely with some extra. I'm using 2 2700mah battery's or just 1 4000mah battery. It's too slow with both 4000mah on it at same time. I feel I could go over 2 miles with that setup but my video signal cuts out a little bit around 6000 feet. Fpvlr is the way to go if you ask me...just my opinion tho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lasernerd
Maybe I'll take my gimbal off one day and really test her out with just my small fpv camera

I put 2 fpvlr cloverleafs on my phantom rx and also a 5 turn rhcp helical fpvlr on my phantom TX. I also have a 5watt amp I use with it as well. I have gone like 6000 ft with it, maybe a little further. Problem is that I barely have enough battery to go out further and get back safely with some extra. I'm using 2 2700mah battery's or just 1 4000mah battery. It's too slow with both 4000mah on it at same time. I feel I could go over 2 miles with that setup but my video signal cuts out a little bit around 6000 feet. Fpvlr is the way to go if you ask me...just my opinion tho

How and what orientation did you do with the cloverleaf's?

I drilled holes in the bottom of the Phantom shell and put 1 in right rear and 1 in left front. One of my cloverleafs has a 90 degree angle on it tho so 1 is straight down and the other points straight out to the right. I'll post some pics when I get home if I remember

uploadfromtaptalk1469977707756.jpg

I almost always use the 9 inch 9450 blades. They give more power and longer flight time too but in windy situations they aren't as stable and you can't descend quick or it wobbles like crazy. I have the carbon fiber 9450 blades too

OK,yeah that what I was nervous about is the descent attitude,I heard it can go into a weird condition.I noticed that with the stock blades,2.7 lipo,cam and gimble it struggles with the load

Yea I take my gimbal off most of the time unless I'm filming. That gives much more flight time and agility or whatever. The condition on descent is called VRS and it's from descending into your own air turbulence

If you just let off the descending or let go of controls in gps or attitude mode it will just go right back to steady flying. In the wind it can get a little worse too, but it has happened to me a 100 times probably and it's never made me crash or anything. Not too much to worry about really it's just annoying when your trying to film and the gimbal sometimes can't keep up with the rapid movement

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20