Litchi with Pro+

Actually DJI has told Litchi developer (and others) that it has no intention of allowing their apps (or other 3rd party apps- mapping, etc) on any of their built in displays or future CrystalSky monitors.

This essentially makes the P4Pro+ a silly purchase.

not possible at the moment, but may be possible in the near future.

Actually DJI has told Litchi developer (and others) that it has no intention of allowing their apps (or other 3rd party apps- mapping, etc) on any of their built in displays or future CrystalSky monitors.
DJI has communicated directly with Litchi and other 3rd party developers? Surely have a first-hand source for this. Are you in DJI management, or..?

This essentially makes the P4Pro+ a silly purchase.
Which is essentially a silly statement, given that it represents only a single point of view.

Litchi developer confirms this. So did DJI in California. And it isn't a silly statement. It is true. They crippled it. So they are charging you more for a crippled and more limited display.

And you surely have a first-hand source for this. Are you in DJI management, or..?

Which is essentially a silly statement, being from only a single point of view.

If this really is the case for CrystalSky, they can certainly count me out..

Reactions: bkushner
If this really is the case for CrystalSky, they can certainly count me out..
All we know for certain about CrystalSky is in the link below, anything else you read at this point is conjecture. However it would not surprise me if DJI follows the same convemtion as the P4P+ (not allowing 3rd party apps to maximize reliability.)

CrystalSky

This is clearly going to end up being just a troll session but for anyone looking for a meaningful discussion of this topic there are a couple of other good threads.

So what does the P4Pro+ display have . . is it a CrystalSky display? . . it seems to be able to download other apps . . although mine never would run DJIGo4 so I sent it back this morning. Should I stay with the iPadMini?

Reactions: bkushner
Not a troll session. I'm pointing out that DJI is crippling their displays and making them less useful while charging a premium for them. If you have regrets in your purchase, take them elsewhere.

This is clearly going to end up being just a troll session but for anyone looking for a meaningful discussion of this topic there are a couple of other good threads.

It is a modified Crystalsky display- whatever that means. But it will not run any other apps. If you try to sideload them it will say "not enough memory". DJI has no intention of allowing third party apps to run on their displays, period.

So what does the P4Pro+ display have . . is it a CrystalSky display? . . it seems to be able to download other apps . . although mine never would run DJIGo4 so I sent it back this morning. Should I stay with the iPadMini?

DJI has no intention of allowing third party apps to run on their displays, period.

Any concrete reference for this statement would be appreciated, as I had actually planned to get one. There are, after all, no other 2000 nits devices on the horizon.

So what does the P4Pro+ display have . . is it a CrystalSky display?
The P4P+ has a subset of the guts of the 5" CrystalSky, i.e. same screen but without the unnecessary hardware when used in a integrated display application (power supply, extra SD card port, etc.) Software wise I would expect the two to be very similar although the CrystalSky may omit some of the consumer-oriented (social media sharing, etc.) features of the P4P+.

It is a modified Crystalsky display- whatever that means. But it will not run any other apps. If you try to sideload them it will say "not enough memory". DJI has no intention of allowing third party apps to run on their displays, period.

It had a web browser and a half dozen other apps loaded and I was able to go to the web using the browser and download updates etc . . . you mean it selectively will not allow a competing app like Litchi to run . . it will download the file . . . but not allow and install?

It;s a beautiful display and great in full sun

Any concrete reference for this statement would be appreciated, as I had actually planned to get one. There are, after all, no other 2000 nits devices on the horizon.
There are no concrete references from DJI on the subject, we have only what thay have produced so far to go by. Anything else, including any speculation stated in this thread, is only hearsay.

But yes, as it stands right now DJI is preventing any additional apps from being sideloaded to the P4P+.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Check with the Litchi site there seems to be no mention of P4Pro+ issues and no way to contact/ask them about CrystalSky . . . so will have to wait I guess.. I just sent my brand new P4Pro+ back because DJIGO4 would launch but immediately CRASH whenever you hit GOFLY . . . nobody seems to have figured it all out even DJI. The store I bought it from said they had no solution and I showed them on SKYPE (they are experienced DJI store and repair depot) so I guess I'm just lucky to be on the bleeding edge again.
Cookedinlh

Check with the Litchi site there seems to be no mention of P4Pro+ issues and no way to contact/ask them about CrystalSky . . . so will have to wait I guess.. I just sent my brand new P4Pro+ back because DJIGO4 would launch but immediately CRASH whenever you hit GOFLY . . . nobody seems to have figured it all out even DJI. The store I bought it from said they had no solution and I showed them on SKYPE (they are experienced DJI store and repair depot) so I guess I'm just lucky to be on the bleeding edge again.
Cookedinlh
Pretty bad when you won't let 3rd party apps load and your own app crashes!!!

True. You can write Litchi and ask. The developer had that emailed to him from DJI HQ.

Correct. It will allow GO updates but it will not allow installation of anything that isn't already on the device. Period.

It had a web browser and a half dozen other apps loaded and I was able to go to the web using the browser and download updates etc . . . you mean it selectively will not allow a competing app like Litchi to run . . it will download the file . . . but not allow and install?

It;s a beautiful display and great in full sun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers