Litchi Panorama Skips Photos

Reaction score
Hello all -- I recently purchased Litchi to help with some real estate panoramas. After half a day in the field, I now have a whole bunch of useless panoramas. Litchi ran through the panorama sequence, stopped at each appropriate angle, and took a photo (supposedly). Now that I'm back in the office and going through the photos, there are chunks missing. The files end up looking something like this:

DJI_0026.JPG
DJI_0027.JPG
DJI_0028.JPG
DJI_0029.JPG
DJI_0033.JPG
DJI_0034.JPG
DJI_0035.JPG

Where files 0030 through 0032 are missing. This happens multiple times within each panorama and within all of the panoramas I shot. I'm very frustrated to say the least. Any ideas on why this is occurring?

I have a Phantom 4, running on a new iPad dedicated only to drone flights. All firmware is up to date, etc.

This has happened to me on occasion but usually it takes a few more than needed instead of skipping. I always check prior to leaving the site, usually just a quick count of photos after each flight.

It also looks like this occurred for other flights today from within the DJI Go App. Photos that I know for sure were taken are missing. Looks like this is a hardware or firmware issue. Could be a bad SD card, but it's pretty new...

Try another card and play around at home with the props off. See if you can duplicate it on that card and it goes away on another card. I've only taken a few litchi panos and never seen missing pictures.

Try another card and play around at home with the props off. See if you can duplicate it on that card and it goes away on another card. I've only taken a few litchi panos and never seen missing pictures.
Using Litchi on IOS, and have never 'missed' a photo. Definitely suspect the card first. easiest and cheapest thing to fix!

adding to others comments - symptoms look like an SD card that is too slow (spec or faulty) so the multiple photographs being taken with Panorama haven't time to be completely stored on SD card before next image is being taken - eventually the queue of pictured is too much and pictures dropped. This is more likely with high resolution pictures / video due to their size. I've had Faulty and separately too low Spec SD cards cause this.

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

+1 on changing cards, Litchi is most likely trying to trigger the next photo before the prior photo is completely done writing to the card... Fast cards help! There is also a setting in Litchi for a delay too, you could increase that, it is more for making sure the drone is steady and done yawing before taking the next photo but it may help if it is a slow writing process issue.

Just thought I'd update everyone on my findings, to hopefully help someone else out in the future: I'm using 64GB Sandisk microSD cards. After looking around Google for a while, the best suggestion I found was to format the SD card from within the DJI Go app. This can be done from within the camera settings menu. After this incident, I formatted all my cards this way. Also, as a precaution I set the delay between photos within Litchi to 1.5 seconds. Boom -- flawless panoramas.

To find out if I had a bad card, I recreated what I was doing before, and without the 1.5 second delay. Again, flawless panoramas. This leads me to believe that this either a sporadic issue that I cannot reproduce, or it was somehow a problem with the way the card was formatted from the factory (or some effect my Mac had on the card when deleting old photos). Either way, the recommendation I had was to format the SD card before each or every few flights. It takes zero time and probably isn't a bad idea.

Reactions: Loz
Hello all -- I recently purchased Litchi to help with some real estate panoramas. After half a day in the field, I now have a whole bunch of useless panoramas. Litchi ran through the panorama sequence, stopped at each appropriate angle, and took a photo (supposedly). Now that I'm back in the office and going through the photos, there are chunks missing. The files end up looking something like this:

DJI_0026.JPG
DJI_0027.JPG
DJI_0028.JPG
DJI_0029.JPG
DJI_0033.JPG
DJI_0034.JPG
DJI_0035.JPG

Where files 0030 through 0032 are missing. This happens multiple times within each panorama and within all of the panoramas I shot. I'm very frustrated to say the least. Any ideas on why this is occurring?

I have a Phantom 4, running on a new iPad dedicated only to drone flights. All firmware is up to date, etc.
Sounds like you're using an SD card thats too slow (rating) or improperly formatted. Stop using cheap SD cards and spend a little extra on a card with a minimal Class 10 rating. Just as important, use the controller to deep format it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic