Litchi Orbit Mode

Reaction score
I have an orbit mission I'd like to fly, and since I heavily use Litchi for waypoint missions, I figured I'd get my head around using Litchi's orbit mode. I like the behavior of the Go4 app's orbit mode, but it seems easier to just stay in Litchi vs. having to flip between apps if I have both waypoint and orbit missions I want to fly in a given session.

I tried Litchi's orbit mode yesterday, and it seems to work reasonably well - but I can't seem to find how to set the orbit POI without using the map panel. The object I want to orbit won't be shown on the map; instead, I'd like it to behave like Go4 where I can fly directly over the object and set the POI. I found another thread that seems to indicate this is possible with Litchi, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I was only able to drop a POI pin using the map interface.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

John

Thanks, Eagle54, your answer is spot-on. For anyone who might read this thread in the future, to be more specific, select the gear icon in the upper right corner of Litchi to enter the settings. Select the "keys" tab on the far right. You're able to map the C1 and C2 buttons on the controller (the buttons on the bottom of the controller) to different functions based on the mode you're in. I selected the "Orbit" mode, and sure enough there is a "POI at Aircraft" setting that works like a charm. There is also an "Orbit at Aircraft" setting that didn't seem to do much, so make sure to select POI at Aircraft. You can then fly the aircraft over your target, hit the C1 or C2 button, and the POI pin will appear on the map. You can then touch the POI pin to set the orbit settings, and you're off to the races. There's another thread if you search the forum about how to dynamically alter your orbit using the sticks while in flight - making the orbit tighter or wider, altering the speed, the direction, altitude and the aircraft orientation. This is everything I need out of this mode.

Reactions: airnocker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20