Litchi now on SALE - $12.99!

Actually no you don't have to pay unless you go for a lot more in depth plan, the free plan would/should be adequate for some to most flyers, but the key is you can see what is going on with your system, I personally use the paid plan because I want a much deeper insight, plus I download and store all of my flights from there as well, the free plan allows that as well I believe. It's a matter of choice, how much info does DJI give you?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I and quite a few others use Litchi, I haven't had major issues with it, and it works very well for me, it gives more options and better in my opinion,I like to plan out way points on my comp then go out and fly them. The guy in the video posted by cookie above definitely had an issue and seemed to me to have panicked and admittedly did the one cardinal no-no unless creating an immediate threat or possible harm to others or property and shutdown his Quadcopter because he panicked and people who panic as he did should not be flying in my opinion period. Panic can cause a much more dangerous situation than keeping your wits about you. For a guy making an evaluation like that he did seem pretty scattered. What I don't get is if he wasn't familiar with a new app and wanted to test it out why didn't he go to an open area away from traffic and all, that was his first mistake, then doing an ESD because of "OH CR_P",,,,,, am I wrong in thinking this??? Anyway Litchi for me has been great!!!

Flt time, distance, actually shows you the flight and you can play it back. Honestly the biggest thing I'm looking for is how much flight time I flew so I can keep a record in my log book. Some would say just use a stopwatch but I either forget to start it or forget to stop it after. Very easy to go into the DJI side and see the actual flight time. I like everything about Litchi so far, just wish they made it as easy on that as the go app...just don't like the idea of having to now log into a website, especially if I'm in the field and have no wifi for my tablet.

In healthy drones, you can check your battery health, each battery, it will know each one automatically,how many times it's been charged how many more times you can charge it, and many more things to keep your Quadcopter in good health, your flight path like DJI, but even wind direction stick control the list goes on, if you haven't tried it check it out once can't hurt and it's free,,, I still use DJI GO app and upload my flights there also then upload them the HD also, you can still run Litchi when your done open the DJI app and still see your flight, or time there also right!?! That what I do, after they are uploaded you can delete the older flights to save room but your tally for flight time stays the same.

Last edited:
I've heard to many problems with the app. Just going to stick with dji go[emoji106][emoji41]

I've seen quite a few mishaps with Litchi but I've never seen a single one (including the guy in the video) that was attributable to Litchi. In EVERY case I've seen, it was pilot error, either due to poor planning and not reading the manual or to panicking when the pilot THOUGHT it wasn't working right (and in each case, it was doing exactly what it was told to do). I've done some pretty long flights and never had a problem.

The Litchi people owes the OP of this thread a commission! I bought the IOS version yesterday after your posts. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I hope to fly a simple mission with it today.

Reactions: Fishie
I bought the iOS version of Litchi Friday, so happy I did. For a few months I have been on the fence thinking about it, meanwhile I have been using Autopilot. Glad I saw the post in this forum
Took Litchi out for an spin yesterday... I have to say especially from someone like me coming from Autopilot I am amazed on how easy and user friendly the app is.

Flt time, distance, actually shows you the flight and you can play it back. Honestly the biggest thing I'm looking for is how much flight time I flew so I can keep a record in my log book. Some would say just use a stopwatch but I either forget to start it or forget to stop it after. Very easy to go into the DJI side and see the actual flight time. I like everything about Litchi so far, just wish they made it as easy on that as the go app...just don't like the idea of having to now log into a website, especially if I'm in the field and have no wifi for my tablet.

You can auto upload flight information from Litchi to healthydrones

So how would one do all this in the field if using a tablet? No wifi.

If Litchi is setup to auto upload flight information, next time you are online in the proximity of a wifi, it should auto upload to the site.

I went through several videos, read the instructions, double and triple checked the settings in my mission. I finally got bold enough to click on upload the mission. It flew and did exactly as instructed. However, there is a glitch that I am not sure of. I ran the mission several times to verify. There was a message stating that the upload failed each time it uploaded, then it ran the mission flawlessly.

Still 11.99 for android

It has been advertised 40%off today only for several days now. I got it the other day. Created a mission and tried it out today. I like it fairly well. I had a little confusion at first. When I uploaded to my P4 it gave warning altitude too high. I had to go and reset all of my waypoints to 50 meters from 160 and it worked

I used imperial measurements on The PC and while clicking waypoints on the map, I noticed that it looked like the map had the elevation at 400 feet above sea level so I added 150 feet to clear tree tops. When I got to the fly location today. It converted back to meters and ground level started at 0 instead of the expected 400 ft above sea level.

It has been advertised 40%off today only for several days now. I got it the other day. Created a mission and tried it out today. I like it fairly well. I had a little confusion at first. When I uploaded to my P4 it gave warning altitude too high. I had to go and reset all of my waypoints to 50 meters from 160 and it worked
The "altitude too high" warning means one or more of your waypoints is set higher than the max altitude you've set in the main settings (of Litchi or DJI Go, not the settings of your mission). Example: I got that error once. In DJI Go, my max altitude was set to 120 meters ( roughly 400 ft). One of my waypoints was set to 450 ft (had to go over a hill). I reset my max altitude in DJI Go to 150 meters and all went well (in the version of Litchi I was using at the time, it wasn't possible to change it from within Litchi. It had to be done in DJI Go. )

Well, because of the price, I bought this Litchi program but right after I did so I get theis SPAM from some guy trying to sell me something. I didn't expect to get SPAMMED the minute I bought it and I am seriously thinking of chucking it in the trash bin.

Has anyone got anything so say about this? Anyone know anything about it? I would appreciate knowing the scoop on this Litchi guy.

I don't appreciate being SPAMMED right off the bat after a purchase and will voice my displeasure about it to Apple. Not that they'd give a rats A$$

Thanks for any input on this.

Bud
You're making the classic mistake of assuming that because you got spam immediately after downloading that it was from the Litchi site. It was not. Apple store spam? Maybe. I get nothing from Litchi unless I write them first.

I think my main problem was hat in the litchi web based program, I click to make a waypoint, it shows 409' and that's the elevation above sea level. So I make the flight elevation to 559' above sea level and somehow when I got there to fly, all of my elevations were converted to meters and my 150' added to the ground level then turned to 150m.

That's it guys at least for iOS. Litchi told me they changed the price back. You snooze you lose.
3c34cda1238bfddebed89951b409ac85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor