Litchi now includes track an focus for P3 and P4

I was beta testing it on android (note 4 and nexus 7 2013), it was quite unstable. It locks onto target but yaws back and forth by itself. not sure if the release version has improved performance from the latest beta (saturday).

Reactions: NormanNormal
Let's hope they worked the bugs out.

As soon as I get out of work I want to send her up for a test flight.

The follow in track is interesting. Im more excited about the gimble roll adjustment and the claim that joystick controls have been improved. Things were ridiculously touchy in the previous release.

As to tracking performance litchi do say that device performance makes a significant difference.

I tried this out today and I have to say like. It is better for slower situations to avoid the yaw moving back and forth.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tried it out yesterday. What settings are you using in the track menu? Joystick reference? default, aircraft heading ++++ what should I have it on? What are the diffrence between them?
And joystick speed?

Litchi has included the focus feature as part of the base app.
They also added the track feature for the P3 an P4
What's new - Litchi

I tried it t today and, whilst it has some great potential, it's not so good at keeping track of kangaroos on the farm. They tend to jump about too quickly for Litchi to keep locked on.
Having said that, I'm a great Litchi fan and use it regularly for waypoint flights.

I tried it t today and, whilst it has some great potential, it's not so good at keeping track of kangaroos on the farm. They tend to jump about too quickly for Litchi to keep locked on.
Having said that, I'm a great Litchi fan and use it regularly for waypoint flights.
Pardon the pun but try a bigger bounding box when framing the roo...

I went out and tried the new function.
I don`t know how it works with the p4 and dji app, but i gotta say this is not very reliable.
I lock myself as a target, then I start walking around in my garden.
It always fails after some time. I have a black jacket on me and the grass is green son it should see me clearly. If that`s how it works, I guess it`s harder for it to follow something
with more or less the same colour as the background.

But litchi updates every now and then, so I think it will be better..
I use p3p and android

And maybe it`s better for the pahntom to track something bigger than me, like a boat car or whatever?

Not so good reports so far. Then again DJIs own version of this does not work all that well either from what ive seen. I think we are at the infancy stage of this featute in the drone world. 5 to 10 years from now we will have human level lock on and tracking abilities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers