Litchi battery puzzle

Reaction score
This morning I flew a 12 minute waypoint mission with a fully charged battery and controller.

I got 'signal lost', but was not unduly worried as this often happens. But a couple of minutes later, with the signal still lost, the controller started beeping at about 2 beeps a second. This was a bit worrying, as I had no idea why it was doing this. But then I got a low battery warning, the battery icon showed red with two red bars and '0%'. Even though I knew I'd charged the battery, and remembered checking it on takeoff and seeing that it had about 98%, I was still really scared. I thought I'd never see the quadcopter again. But finally I got the signal back, and the battery indicator said 55% when I landed it - about what I'd expect.

So I wonder what was going on here? If the bird couldn't signal to the controller, how could the controller switch to '0% battery' while the bird still wasn't signalling to it? And what were those beeps? As I said, the controller was fully charged as well as the quadcopter.

My P2V controller will beep if it's on and the sticks are not moved in a certain amount of time... I think it's fifteen minutes...? That might explain the beeping.

I've had my app once tell me 0% battery when in fact it was a full battery but it was also an aftermarket battery. It only happened once.

Sometimes when I'm on the edge of range I'll get a single red bar as opposed to no bar. This tells me I'm connected to the AC, but not connected enough to get all or perhaps any FPV or telemetery. But sometimes I'll get just a partial telemetry update with one red bar. For example I might get a distance reading, but that's all. But the one bar itself is a reading. It's telling me I'm on the edge of range and the controller senses the signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: embayweather
Obviously, once you lose link, any data showing on the screen is meaningless. Did the beebs stop when you reacquired the bird? If so, it was probably the low battery alert.

Make sure the contacts on the bird and the battery are clean and that the battery is fully seated.

Are you sure you had charged the controller battery too to full before you started your mission?

If there is no connectivity between RC and AC at any time and controller is beeping, its controller battery that's draining down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: sonof40
Are you sure you had charged the controller battery too to full before you started your mission?

If there is no connectivity between RC and AC at any time and controller is beeping, its controller battery that's draining down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes, I charged both battery and controller together the previous night. Last night I checked and the controller was fully charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.