Limefuel 6000mAh Battery

Reaction score
Extra flight time!!
6,000mAh Battery provides an extra 800mAh over other battery models.
Adds approximately 10 minutes flight time depending on flight conditions.

Not sure about their arithmetic ... nice if it was true but I find it hard to believe
15% more capacity than the standard battery somehow gives you 40% more flight time???
And that's before you factor in the weight penalty flying a heavier battery.

Onbo sells 6000 mah batterries for some time, now.

I don't know anyone from the forum that was brave enough to try them, so I guess I will be the first one.
I will be purchasing 2 and should have them this or next week.

Once I have them, I will make a comparison video of hover/flight times for everyone to evaluate themselves.

un hombre said:

I don't know anyone from the forum that was brave enough to try them, so I guess I will be the first one.

Once I have them, I will make a comparison video of hover/flight times for everyone to evaluate themselves.

So you took the leap and bought the Onbo ones? Let me know how they work out. I just got my Limefuel 5400mAH from the US yesterday. Looks like a good quality and charged up fine and bird/app recognise it without issue.

job2310 said:
un hombre said:

So you took the leap and bought the Onbo ones? Let me know how they work out. I just got my Limefuel 5400mAH from the US yesterday. Looks like a good quality and charged up fine and bird/app recognise it without issue.

I haven't ordered them directly from the manufacturer, but I will be ordering them from a European reseller once I get delivery costs confirmed.

Yes, I decided to take the risk, too many stories about failing DJI batterries which leads me to believe, that the aftermarket ones may be as good as or better.

Also, one thing that the supplier told me (which is quite logical anyway), is that DJI does not specialize in making batterries - in fact, those are crap batterries and they fail very often. Companies as Onbo, on the other hand, focus on making batterries and in his experience, no customers had problems with Onbo but during the time he sold his Onbo batch, a couple of failed DJI batterries returned to him.

Anyway, I will let everyone know more once I get them.

un hombre said:
job2310 said:
un hombre said:

I haven't ordered them directly from the manufacturer, but I will be ordering them from a European reseller once I get delivery costs confirmed.

Yes, I decided to take the risk, too many stories about failing DJI batterries which leads me to believe, that the aftermarket ones may be as good as or better.

Also, one thing that the supplier told me (which is quite logical anyway), is that DJI does not specialize in making batterries - in fact, those are crap batterries and they fail very often. Companies as Onbo, on the other hand, focus on making batterries and in his experience, no customers had problems with Onbo but during the time he sold his Onbo batch, a couple of failed DJI batterries returned to him.

Anyway, I will let everyone know more once I get them.

Cool, I had the same thought as the supplier. DJI aren't a battery manufacturer so it seems logical to trust someone who is.

Care to share where you found these in Europe? I haven't been able to find any.

I saw a note on Amazon. A guy there (maybe one of you?) says he heard from Limefuel that the 6000 will be out some time in the November/December time frame. No word on price.

If you can't wait, Onbo has a 6000. It's the one you see on Ebay. But does this web site fill you with confidence?

http://www.onbo-power.com/FAQ-1.html

"Lithium ion battery still need to be vigilant security hidden danger daily maintenance have? ... Professional personage says lithium ion battery and other than the battery actually need more maintenance. Use lithium ion battery should be paid attention to some items."

Yeesh. Are there zero English speaking people in Lower Ubekistania or wherever these guys are located? If this is what they put in their FAQ, how are they going to field a support call?

rbhamilton. It was me...I noticed they had posted details on amazon.com late last night. I had an issue with my 5400 lime fuel battery that I was exchanging. I mentioned the 6000 may battery to support and asked if I could exchange for the larger one. That's when they replied back with the time frame but nothing about price.

Did you see the notes on here about the upgrade to the DJI firmware making the Limefuel batteries incompatible? You might want to grab that refund and hold off a bit.

I did and I opted for the refund. Hope lime fuel can figure out a fix. I'd sure like to try the 6000mah one when release.

Limefuel is not upgradeable with DJI firmware but it does not make it incompatible to use and fly with?

un hombre said:
Limefuel is not upgradeable with DJI firmware but it does not make it incompatible to use and fly with?

Correct, it's the battery update that causes the problem.

Yep, let me just reiterate what I found out and put in another thread:

I have been notified by a seller of Onbo batterries, that Onbo do work with the updated Phantom software no problem. The same should be the case for Limefuel, as it is being confirmed.

The only thing you should do is DO NOT UPDATE NON DJI BATTERY FIRMWARE! You can update Phantom, PCB software no problem, however only update DJI battery firmware, obvioulsy do not update Limefuel, Onbo or any other aftermarket battery firmware.

A youtube video showing Onbo being compatible with new firmware should be on youtube today.

un hombre said:
Yep, let me just reiterate what I found out and put in another thread:

I have been notified by a seller of Onbo batterries, that Onbo do work with the updated Phantom software no problem. The same should be the case for Limefuel, as it is being confirmed.

The only thing you should do is DO NOT UPDATE NON DJI BATTERY FIRMWARE! You can update Phantom, PCB software no problem, however only update DJI battery firmware, obvioulsy do not update Limefuel, Onbo or any other aftermarket battery firmware.

A youtube video showing Onbo being compatible with new firmware should be on youtube today.

My only gripe with this is that the new firmware provides all the new safety and battery management features (so they tell us). So are these other manufacturers taking steps to ensure the firmware they use has the same sort of capability?

Are there any US shops selling 6000mAh batteries yet?

I'm surprised that I don't see anything, not even on Ebay.

I don't think the 6000 mAh battery is even available yet. Forgot where I read it, but it is target to be deliver by mid Jan I believe.

ps. just found it:

My question is, has anyone gotten their pre-order?

Attachments

• PreOrder.jpg
    PreOrder.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 482
I checked the other day. You can sign up for pre-order but nothing shipping yet. They said "some time in January".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl