Lifting stuff with the Phantom 3

It's definitely struggling to lift that small of a load... If done properly, I could see it being used to transport a beverage a short distance away, that would be pretty cool. The first thing to consider is that lifting anything will require it to be as close as possible to the CoG and it needs to be rigid.

It's definitely struggling to lift that small of a load... If done properly, I could see it being used to transport a beverage a short distance away, that would be pretty cool. The first thing to consider is that lifting anything will require it to be as close as possible to the CoG and it needs to be rigid.
I posted because it is interesting. A cold beverage would be easy to do huh. All one needs is a fixed beverage hammock on the bottom.
The thing I kept noticing was that as the weight pendulum-ed back and forth the phantom would automatically compensate with opposite prop to maintain it's position. Each time it did this it would pull on the pendulum rope making the pendulum swing wider and harder each swing. Must be set to GPS mode. If taken off GPS mode I wonder if it would stop the swinging all together after a moment or two.

It doesn't do well. Tried a beer delivery with an FC40. 1st, the payload must be rigid and not swinging. 2nd, the phantom is in full draw on the battery. 3rd, the motors are working at full thrust. Usually what happens when you take an aircraft to the edge of its envelope, it ends badly.

But, lifting a light weight banner is pretty easy and doesn't seem to effect control much at all.

Over the weekend we found out one of my son's friends was sick, so we put together a small bag with cookies and a get well card and delivered it. Very light load. No problems other than wind and depth perception.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: donutlou
Over the weekend we found out one of my son's friends was sick, so we put together a small bag with cookies and a get well card and delivered it. Very light load. No problems other than wind and depth perception.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How you got it in his window, past the curtains and back out again without a hitch is simply amazing. Kudos !

Cool to see him come out and get it from the string!

Reactions: LightCollector
Very cool. Seems to be quite a bit of confusion at the drop site though. Was this an army operation? ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers