Liability insurance for P4P

Reaction score
I am a beginner with a P4P and got $70/yr liability insurance from Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). Is that a good insurance to have ? Many RC clubs require an AMA insurance to join.
It seems that State Farm covers the drone itself (searched threads). Any idea as if AAA offers it in California ?
Thanks.

I am a beginner with a P4P and got $70/yr liability insurance from Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA). Is that a good insurance to have ? Many RC clubs require an AMA insurance to join.
It seems that State Farm covers the drone itself (searched threads). Any idea as if AAA offers it in California ?
Thanks.
Firstly, in my opinion the AMA is an excellent organization, and has been around helping model aircraft pilots for many years. The AMA membership does provide good liability insurance, as well as many other benefits. You do not have to be flying at an AMA sanctioned field, however you must be following the AMA Safety Code. Like any other insurance policy, make sure that you aware of the policy guidelines and coverage limits. To add, the AMA liability policy is a "secondary" policy. It only picks up after any other primary policy has been exhausted, such as homeowners insurance. All that being said, at $70 a year it is a hard membership to pass up. Find an AMA field near you and check it out, talk to folks that are there flying. For those that got into flight just because of drones, you may find a whole new world of fun in lots of other types of aircraft.

Thanks Extra330 for clarifying AMA insurance to be secondary.
What does a typical homeowner insurance cover for drones ? Liability ?

I was reading other threads about accident/damage insurance and some mentioned getting it from State Farm for about $70/yr. Does anyone know about it ?
I am kind of conservative and don't mind paying for insurance in exchange for piece of mind. There is enough thrill for a novice to fly this thing :)
Cheers

I have State Farm PAP on my drones and my camera equipment. I have also verified with my agent that my home owners insurance will cover any liability.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20