Let's Have a Techie Snow Talk ...

When you try to write well but you also failed school... there's no such thing as specific gravity in winter my man.
Geesuz, who piddled in your cornflakes this morning - to make such a first post revelation? (jk) Welcome!

(1) The investigation of nature of snow on insulator sets shows that the specific gravity of snow is 0.3_??_0.4 and the conductivity of water melted from snow is maximum 40 μS/cm.

Withstand Voltage Characteristics of Snow Covering Insulator Strings of AC Transmission Lines

That being said, the debate on what type of snow blows over them seems irrelevant to me as the props have very serious thrust and IMO could blow any snowflake thru those vents, and, in the event that any amount gets in and melts on a warm part of the mainboard, what could happen?

It's a valid question. The airflow of the propellers does not appear to (by eyeballing) create any vacuum like funneling effect that draws the in/down, but moreso creates a cumulative vortex that seems to blow (the lighter,drier versions)them away. Seems to …. but if some better Googler than I can source an airflow directional chart for like propellers - then it might help to answer some questions ….

Reactions: 3rdof5
It's a valid question. The airflow of the propellers does not appear to (by eyeballing) create any vacuum like funneling effect that draws the in/down, but moreso creates a cumulative vortex that seems to blow (the lighter,drier versions)them away. Seems to …. but if some better Googler than I can source an airflow directional chart for like propellers - then it might help to answer some questions ….
Well, clearly the props DO create a vacuum/vortex, hence the offset level of props (outwards) of the P3 to compensate for that exact vacuum "hole" while descending. So who knows what the actual prop airflow is without a "smoke" test in a wind tunnel. Now THAT would be cool to see!

Reactions: PeakXV
Well, clearly the props DO create a vacuum/vortex, hence the offset level of props (outwards) of the P3 to compensate for that exact vacuum "hole" while descending. So who knows what the actual prop airflow is without a "smoke" test in a wind tunnel. Now THAT would be cool to see!

This NASA video on rotor airflow is very good with many examples. I don't know if it answers our specific question, per se, but it demonstrates just how much rotor variations, juxtapositions, and combinations can vary the channeling of the surrounding air ….

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: 3rdof5
This NASA video on rotor airflow is very good with many examples. I don't know if it answers our specific question, per se, but it demonstrates just how much rotor variations, juxtapositions, and combinations can vary the channeling of the surrounding air ….

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's very cool and very educational, thanks for sharing!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic