Lenovo tab 4 8

Reaction score
Got the Lenovo tab 4 8 today. Got DJI go down loaded. Camera lag is very minimal although it’s still too cold to fly. Got a new DJI battery from amazon and of course tried everything and it won’t charge [emoji35] Tried but guess it’s going back. I had to sign for the last one real pain.

Just bought one of these, works fine with DJI Go4 and Litchi

These are for sale in Argos and Currys for £99 at the moment.

Model is Lenovo TB-8504F, it's running Android 7.1.1

Also replaced my Samsung Tab S2 with the Lenovo 4 8.
Some connection problems in the beginning but after restarting tablet switching on and off the RC it worked very well and let me choose between Litchi and DJI GO.
As soon as flying weather condition change to the better I will do some tests outside.
There is only one tiny disadvantage, the tablet cannot be centered mounted on RC, because of switch on/off button of the tablet.

Last edited:
Yea that is a bit of a pain. So far it’s been working just fine. Have about 12 flights. So much easier for my old eyes yo see the bigger screen.

Got the Lenovo tab 4 8 today. Got DJI go down loaded. Camera lag is very minimal although it’s still too cold to fly. Got a new DJI battery from amazon and of course tried everything and it won’t charge [emoji35] Tried but guess it’s going back. I had to sign for the last one real pain.
How does the tab do in sunlight, my phone is not good

How does the tab do in sunlight, my phone is not good
Not too good I guess. My friend have the Lenovo tab 4 8plus and its awesome except on sunlight. If you want to have a tab which is good against sunlight then get Amoled screen tabs(Specially Samsung super Amoled).

Hi all. I just ordered the Lenovo tab 4 8 today to use with my Phantom 3 Pro. None of my other Android devices that worked via WiFi with my P3 Standard will connect to the P3 Pro.
Has anybody successfully used the Lenovo tab 4 8 with the Dji Go3 app?
Thanks.
Rob.

Also got the Lenovo Tab4 8". Have not flown with it yet, but I think it should work out good. It does have a little camera lag, so I don't know if and when I'm able to fly, everything will work itself out and work as good as possibly a more expensive tablet/notebook. Happy fly'n :cool:H.P.

Also got the Lenovo Tab4 8". Have not flown with it yet, but I think it should work out good. It does have a little camera lag, so I don't know if and when I'm able to fly, everything will work itself out and work as good as possibly a more expensive tablet/notebook. Happy fly'n :cool:H.P.
Thanks for the reply. Did you get the Lenova because you had problems with other Android devices connecting or just because you wanted a bigger screen etc: Also did you need to change any settings in Developer Options to get it to connect with GO? I cant believe none of my Android devices will connect to the GO app just because they're Samsung. Two of mine are Android 9 and Android 8.1. The Lenova has Android 7 but my Samsung 10" Tab A has Android 7 as well and no luck connecting with that one. Starting to wonder if the controller might have a problem. I'll find out tomorrow when the Lenova shows up.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. Did you get the Lenova because you had problems with other Android devices connecting or just because you wanted a bigger screen etc: Also did you need to change any settings in Developer Options to get it to connect with GO? I cant believe none of my Android devices will connect to the GO app just because they're Samsung. Two of mine are Android 9 and Android 8.1. The Lenova has Android 7 but my Samsung 10" Tab A has Android 7 as well and no luck connecting with that one. Starting to wonder if the controller might have a problem. I'll find out tomorrow when the Lenova shows up.
Thanks again.
I got it because I wanted a cheaper option with a larger screen and it was also recommended by another flier here on the site. I'm CHEAP! I couldn't see spending $300-$400 on a device that would only be used for my one drone, for now anyways, but I did have it connected to my Android phone for a couple of flights with no issues. I did not touch "developer options", I just got rid of a bunch of apps. that were taking up space and I would never use. Under "notifications", I "blocked" the apps. I kept and by doing that, you should not get any "updates" while you are flying that could cause a "disconnect" of your controller to the A/C, at least that's the way I understood it. I'm sure someone with way more I.T. experience will correct me if I'm talking out the side of my neck LoL! So far everything connects the way it should, but proofs going to be in the "flight". Gotta wait till the WX cooperates for me. Good luck! H.P.:cool:

Last edited:
I got it because I wanted a cheaper option with a larger screen and it was also recommended by another flier here on the site. I'm CHEAP! I couldn't see spending $300-$400 on a device that would only be used for my one drone, for now anyways, but I did have it connected to my Android phone for a couple of flights with no issues. I did not touch "developer options", I just got rid of a bunch of apps. that were taking up space and I would never use. Under "notifications", I "blocked" the apps. I kept and by doing that, you should not get any "updates" while you are flying that could cause a "disconnect" of your controller to the A/C, at least that's the way I understood it. I'm sure someone with way more I.T. experience will correct me if I'm talking out the side of my neck LoL! So far everything connects the way it should, but proofs going to be in the "flight". Gotta wait till the WX cooperates for me. Good luck! H.P.:cool:
Thanks very much for the detailed response. I'll have the Lenova today so we'll see. If it still doesn't work then I think the problem might be with the controller. The controller is connecting to the AC. I can control the gimbal, take pics and videos (of course I have no idea what I'm looking at since there's no video on the screen) and I can fire the motors manually with the sticks.
Rob.

I have a tab 4 8 connects fine but getting a weird GPS error trying to unlock a GEO Zone. I'm near a small airport that requires a pre-flight agreement. Works fine on my Iphone but on the tab I get an error that unlock has failed. Seems like the GPS isn't working correctly. Any modifications needed to enable GPS with DJI Go 3?

Hi. I found Lenovo tab 4 8 Plus with 16GB and 3GB ram and I want it το work only with phantom 4 pro. I believe the last program dji go 4 does not hang and work very well. What settings should I make on the tablet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.