Las Vegas Interdrone

Reaction score
I will be in Las Vegas for Interdrone and was wondering if anyone knows if ther is anyplace in Las Vegas where you can fly a drone or should I leave mine at home?

If you're going to the classes and panels, you likely won't have time to fly your drone. Plus, there's no place within walking distance of the hotel to fly.

Just did a little reading on that event. Looks to be a good group and tons of information to be had. Seems to be geared towards commercial crowd.

I will be in Las Vegas for Interdrone and was wondering if anyone knows if ther is anyplace in Las Vegas where you can fly a drone or should I leave mine at home?
My friend lives there and it is over 100 degrees now. His iPad2 overheats frequently.

Is that because of the airport?
Other aircraft, people, hotel rules, nothing interesting within VLOS, etc. It's just not a great place to attempt to fly. If renting a car is an option (and you have lots of time), there are probably lots of great (and safe) places to fly.

Other aircraft, people, hotel rules, nothing interesting within VLOS, etc. It's just not a great place to attempt to fly. If renting a car is an option (and you have lots of time), there are probably lots of great (and safe) places to fly.
Unfortunately, more and more of this area is being converted to Wilderness Areas, there is Lake Mead and Grand Canyon National parks and Valley of Fire nearby and there are very large special use air spaces for USAF testing and training; all off limits. It is getting very cramped here and you have to travel scores of miles or more to get to open area. Even then, desert, lots of desert. You can get to some places if you are willing to drive offroad for miles :).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik