Landscape Photos with P4P

Reaction score
I am having a hard time trying to figure out how properly take landscape photos with my P4P. I have the correct software version and I know how to take the pictures but the processing part is eluding me. Also when I hit the play button after taking the picture I lose satellites and the system seems to freeze up? I am also trying to use the DJI GO 4 software to do this.

I use mine for shooting landscapes too. I habitually shoot the five step AEB burst and merge them together in Aurora. It gives excellent results as is, but if any post process8ng is needed I use a photoshop or Luminar.
Are you reviewing the images then as you take them? If you have framed correctly and use RAW then my system above almost guarantees the right image. Personally I would never review the images with the craft in flight. I wonder if reviewing them takes so much onboard computer power that the system is freezing as a result. Greater minds than mine would be able to tell I believe.

I am using an Android based tablet. It is a Dragon Touch V10 and was on the approved list.

I am not positive if I am taking the pictures in the RAW format. Would that make a difference?

Not sure about the Freeze, however it's common with both Mavic and P4P, in AEB, that after the series is shot, you may get a slight freeze on the screen, if you try to pan. Sometimes screen will also drop into B&W for a 1/2 a sec.

Loss of a satellites is something that should not be happening and if you lose them for I believe over 3 seconds, the Drone will go into ATTI mode which is not a good thing unless you have flown it.

Normal camera operations, should have nothing to do with loss of satellites.

I would shoot only raw, as jpg is so limited. Just depends on what you are looking for on final.

Raw: some advantages:

Basically a negative, and thus many options for conversion as saved as a dng.
Lightroom and ACR (Adobe) do a good job, but there are other raw converters to consider
Best use of chip, for DR and noise.
Shoot in AEB 5 shot, range is -1.34 to +1.34 and unless in very bright light it will be needed.

Jpg, will have fixed WB, and noise reduction applied. and sharpening. Really none of these can be altered later in post.
Most DJI drone jpg algorithms have too much noise reduction for parts of the image in shadow, albeit the P4 seems a bit better than others, but there is no way I know of to turn OFF noise reduction on jpgs with a DJI product. AEB with jpgs IMO is a total waste as is in Drone HDR as again it's saved as a jpg.

Best results will be from raw and I am grateful that DJI does offer this. Only wish it was available on the Spark.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: Ripper7620
I am using an Android based tablet. It is a Dragon Touch V10 and was on the approved list.

I am not positive if I am taking the pictures in the RAW format. Would that make a difference?
Only in absolute quality. For most jpeg will be fine but I have used RAW for years as a pro photographer. Could not be without it now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus