Lake MI in Winter

Reaction score
First flight with the Phantom away from my house. Need to tweak gains a little yet I think. Also, got windy as soon as I went up high so that was a challenge in those shots. Also, was a little nervous over the open water too as the pier was interfering with compass calibration pretty bad.

Quick and dirty edit with clean transitions rather than effects. Hope you enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/83869900

Nice video Drew. Makes me miss my hometown (Grand Haven, Michigan.) I imagine there would be lots of good places to shoot aerial photos and videos around there, especially in the dunes along Lake Michigan.

Thanks Mike! GH is actually very close to me,my wife works there. I will make it a point to hit up the GH pier and some local sites for you in an upcoming vid. You are right, great options to shoot around there so I might as well! The pier alone is one of the classics on Lake MI.

Thanks gbshovel! No, it has a Zenmuse H2-3D mounted up. Most perceivable 'shake' up at higher altitude was wind driven. The rest lies on the pilot. I would like to tweak the gains and setup the expo to help smooth things out a bit on my yaw. Thats the next step on the Phantom setup for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl