Just a little desert flight on my Pro

Nice vid Don.
Yep, I don't get why people would drive out to dump stuff when the landfill is probably not much further away. We have a similar issue in the UK, where it's known as "fly-tipping". Costs councils and landowners huge sums to have cr@p removed.

The landfill is within the city limits. It's not really a "Landfill", but rather just a yard where they have huge containers for most discarded household items like refrigerators, T.V. stoves, and other appliances like that. We have a Code Enforcement department in the city government, but they don't ever go out and clean things up. They do put up signs that read "No Dumping", but people just use those for target practice.

DFM, Actually there is quite a story behind that bathtub. It's called a Claw Foot tub, and it was made in 1922. It came out of a house that my grandfather built in 1909. He installed the indoor bathroom in 1922, which included this tub. They had outhouses before that. My father was born in that house in 1913, as well as all of my Aunts and Uncles on Dad's side. They all bathed in that tub. My grandfather took his last bath in that tube only a few days before he passed away in the house in 1930. My grandmother continued to live in the house until her death in 1950. She also took her last bath in that tub on the day they took her to the hospital when she was dying of breast cancer. She was too sick to get out of the tub, so my mother and several neighbors help to lift her out. She passed away days later. I was born in 1945, and had my first real bath in that tub. The old house is still being lived in. But they remodeled the bathroom and gave me to tub. All on my Dad's side of the family are gone now. Needless to say, that tub means a lot to our family.

Reactions: JohnnyB
That's a lot of DNA in that tub. It's no wonder you still have it. Better not let that go. And now you are part of it's history. I'll bet your grandfather never dreamed all these years later you'd be launching a drone off of it.

DFM; You got that right. My daughter is going to make a big flower bed out of it. I'm going to make a different landing pad for the drone. Do you see that table I found discarded in the desert? Tomorrow I'm going out there and pick it up. I'll put it a little farther out in the yard and use it for the drone. Just don't tell my daughter. She thinks I'm nuts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers