Just a little confusion.................

Reaction score
My P3A and Litchi, my new toy :cool: which has thrown me a whole load of new challenges!

I've watched many videos on Waypoints and POI's in Litchi and, as I understand it, when just setting a POI you put it on the map (right click) and then set the height above and radius from that POI, and the drone speed you want to fly. Flip the P-A-F switch to F and off the drone goes to the point and circles it for as long as you want it to.

However, if you include a POI in a programmed Waypoint flight, this doesn't happen, the drone just flies the waypoints but points the camera at the POI as it passes - is this correct? Can you make the drone diverge from the Waypoints and circle the POI as above?

Please bear with me. :rolleyes:

However, if you include a POI in a programmed Waypoint flight, this doesn't happen, the drone just flies the waypoints but points the camera at the POI as it passes - is this correct?
Are you using the Orbit feature? You cannot add an Orbit to a waypoint flight per se, but you can do that manually in the mission profile. Also are you using the mission hub, or are you planning the mission on your device?

Hi Fly Dawg! :)
So far not been able to actually fly due to the terrible weather since I got Litchi - just playing with it on both the Hub and on my tablet.
Just want to make sure I've got things sorted before the sun comes out!

So far not been able to actually fly due to the terrible weather since I got Litchi
Bear in mind when you plan your missions, to make sure your mission settings match the waypoints, if you have any "actions" planned at a particular waypoint. Waypoint "actions" will only be active if you are connected. If you lose signal, all waypoint actions are ignored. The mission will still complete as planned other than the programmed "actions". Also, "actions" are only available for "straight line" flights. You cannot set "actions" if your settings are for curved turns.

Many thanks, I'll bear that in mind. First I must make sure the thing flies with me at the helm in Litchi!:rolleyes:

First I must make sure the thing flies with me at the helm in Litchi!
Assuming your profile is correct, all you need to do is watch the screen. If you see any anomaly at all "visually" flip the switch to P and it will cancel the mission.

To answer your original question, in order to fly a circle around a POI in a waypoint mission, you will need to plot waypoints around the POI with smooth curves.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1