Joshua Tree Desert

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
Out in the California desert at the edge of Joshua Tree National Park. Even though I'm out there often, it's always fascinating to see a forest in a desert. Two frame vertical pano, P4Pv2.

JTdronepano2.jpg

Out there often, I would go crazy out there. It might be an everyday thing to you, but I could spend a day with my cameras easily. I have imagined the angles and shots I would take.
WV, you are right and I feel the same way. That's why I spent four days in the area, with a bunch of cameras. It's not an every day visit for me, last time was a few years ago. Here's a ground based camera image of the sunrise one morning. If only I could fly my drone there.....

jtsunriseglow1.jpg

The pictures look great on a large screen.

I always try my best to capture the feeling of the area, not just the trees, but the setting that completamente the trees, rocks, lizards snakes, morning and night shots. I think that when something is common place, we lose that feel. Even when it is common place, I try to look at it as an outsider.

I wish I was free to travel more. My wife and I can't even take a vacation. Some might call it a vacation. We go to Florida 3 to 4 times a year, because my wife's parents are in their late 80's and aren't doing well. My mother lost the fight with cancer 3 days before Christmas. I was over helping my dad day and night. Also have lazy adult kids that are helpless. "That one is my fault " Hey, that's life. I appreciate knowing you and seeing your pics. Few can really do it all. We are fortunate to be doing photography and flying our cameras.?

Hello Jeffrey, I am trying to get a video footage of a place like your picture or just something similar to Joshua Tree. I know it's not legal to fly drones in Joshua Tree so I was wondering, would you be able to share a location near Joshua Tree where it's legal to fly drones please?

Hello Jeffrey, I am trying to get a video footage of a place like your picture or just something similar to Joshua Tree. I know it's not legal to fly drones in Joshua Tree so I was wondering, would you be able to share a location near Joshua Tree where it's legal to fly drones please?

There are plenty of large Joshua Tree groves in the areas around the National Park. If you have time, just drive around Palm Springs, or any desert areas in the vicinity. Many can bee seen from the main roads and freeways, but taking smaller roads is more fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.