IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!! - 3D printout of a Phantom 3 antenna booster

hello all. Just wanted to let you all know about my windsurfers & more here at

Dynamic 3D Solutions

My windsurfers have been tried and tested by you guys. Take a look into the org forum here:

DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3 | Page 26 | DJI Phantom Forum

My windsurfers come fully assembled with reflective tape already on the windsurfer (It can be tricky not to get air bubbles when applying the reflective material) 2 - extra strips of reflective tape incase you damage the reflective surface. 2 - Locking clips to help keep everything in place & I smooth out & Vapor seal the windsurfer surface to get the best performance. A unsmoothed surface with ripples & lines will decrease performance. This entre process takes 3.5 hours

Thanks and happy flying!

These work great[emoji106]

Reactions: david wettlaufer
hello Giuseppe, can you give me the link to download the file for printing.

Thanks
Raul Macher- PERU

You are welcome Tricky!

For everyone who don't have a 3D printer, I can sell them a ready to use and nicely hand-finished 3D printed Range Booster with a seamless aluminum coating already applied (€19,00 + shipment fees).

View attachment 28849

I am currently producing a more effective type of Range Booster provided with a seamless High Quality Copper Layer (€23,00 + shipment fees).

View attachment 28848

With it you can reach more distant targets and you will get better results expecially when you are piloting your drone in an area with sparse trees and medium size obstacles.

You will be greatly impressed by the huge improvements that these Range Boosters will give to your flights with the Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 drones.

Send me a message to [email protected] for any kind of information.

Enjoy your flights with my Range Boosters!

Hi guys, I wish to say a big "Thank You" to all the people who are reporting their "emotions" driving the DJI drones so far away using my Range Boosters. I am very proud to have helped so many people to increase their satisfaction using these fantastic DJI drones.

Anyway, please don't forget to always check to have enough charge in the battery of your drone to safely return to home even if you have to fly against the wind in the return flight. This can be a very dangerous situation!

So pay attention using my Range Boosters: "with great power comes great responsibility" ;)

A big thanks to Giuseppe for making his design available on Thingiverse.
I found another design though a German forum. The difference is pretty massive - I hope to test the difference in the coming days once I have the suitable foil.
P1100160.JPG

Reactions: Giuseppe Finizia
Hi Kreso, I think that you are trying to control your drone from a point where you don't have anymore the direct line of sight between you and the aircraft. An antenna booster can improve communications only if the RC is not shadowed by buildings or natural obstacles that are placed around your home point. It would be interesting to have a video to see how the antenna booster works in your flights.

I have a question about these directional boosters. How wide or narrow is the signal beam? If I send my drone out over a mile away can I just be standing in the general direction to maintain a signal or if I turn off point a tiny bit will the signal drop out?

Also whats the best method to insure your always facing the drone? I know sometimes for me when I'm bringing it back into LOS that sometimes it can surprise me where its at in the sky. I'll hear it and start looking where I believe It should be and then finally see it.

Thanks!

I have a question about these directional boosters. How wide or narrow is the signal beam? If I send my drone out over a mile away can I just be standing in the general direction to maintain a signal or if I turn off point a tiny bit will the signal drop out?

Also whats the best method to insure your always facing the drone? I know sometimes for me when I'm bringing it back into LOS that sometimes it can surprise me where its at in the sky. I'll hear it and start looking where I believe It should be and then finally see it.

Thanks!
I've flown out to 4.5km with home made (not 3d printed) versions of these, and I managed to keep facing my bird the whole way. In the DJI Go app there's an little circle (almost like the minimap) on the bottom left of the screen that shows you where the drone is in relation to the direction that you are facing. You need to make sure that the drone's symbol (red triangle) is always at the top of that circle.

hqdefault.jpg

^^^^^^ Over there in this image.

If you plan on just flying a mile away, you shouldn't really have any issues, even if you aren't always perfectly facing the drone. I've had a warning for poor video quality come up a few times, then I just adjust the direction I'm facing quickly.

One thing I also did was the 32 channel hack. I've been flying on channel 32 for quite a while, maybe that helps too.

hello all. Just wanted to let you all know about my windsurfers & more here at

Dynamic 3D Solutions

My windsurfers have been tried and tested by you guys. Take a look into the org forum here:

DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3 | Page 26 | DJI Phantom Forum

My windsurfers come fully assembled with reflective tape already on the windsurfer (It can be tricky not to get air bubbles when applying the reflective material) 2 - extra strips of reflective tape incase you damage the reflective surface. 2 - Locking clips to help keep everything in place & I smooth out & Vapor seal the windsurfer surface to get the best performance. A unsmoothed surface with ripples & lines will decrease performance. This entre process takes 3.5 hours

Thanks and happy flying!

Purchased on Sunday - looking forward to receiving them! :D

I tested Giusseppe's antenna booster today and was very pleased with the results. Previously I had been able to fly about 4,200m away before getting low signal warning and occasional signal drop outs.

With the booster I flew 5,500m away, where I turned around at 60% battery and with full bars. Landed at 20%.

I considered the Itelite antenna but this saved me almost 100€ and I didn't have to modify my controller.

Thanks Giuseppe for the great product!

Hi,
I just tried Giusseppe's copper Booster. Result at an area in the city with high interference, distance where sognal lost:

• Stock Antenna: 1400 mt.
  • DYI Aluminium Windsurf Antenna: 2800 mt.
  • Giusseppe's copper antenna: 3900 mt.
I believe no need to make any comment.
Thanks Giusseppe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl