Is this like a boat?

Reaction score
I've been told that boats are basically just a hole in the water where you toss your money!

I look at the Phantom, the GoPro, then a gimbal that may cost as much as the Phantom, then FPV, an updated transmitter and receiver...that's quite a substantial amount of $$$.

Is there an end to this? Since the FAA says you can't use it for commercial purposes, there is no payback. I am currently offering free promotional videos and accepting donations! (cash, check, credit card) I also sent an email to the FAA, apparently they didn't know it was illegal, gave me a blowoff answer to check with my local FAA office. I'll get right on that!

Someone please tell me I can get some great video without putting my house in foreclosure!

Tim T.

I have about $1500.00 in mine including the Dominator FPV with a cheap Sony camera. I have no desire for recording so better cameras or gimbals are not something I'd spend money on. Plus the more you add the more likely problems with installation or compatibility. But if you're into recording then you'll probably not be happy until you spend $2000.00 to $3000.00.

Pricey little devil! I also look at cost/benefit. More stuff, as you say, equals mor problems, more eight which means shorter flight times, higher current demand which shorten battery life, etc.

I guess it's just a question of adding stuff until I get the results I want or I break the threshold of my pain level at dumping money into it. Perhaps I put too much stock into flyaway and never seeing that pile of money again. As on of my first tests, I made sure it returned home when I turned off the controller.

Thanks!

Tim T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers