is there process for getting "blanket" permission from US national & state parks...?

Reaction score
aerial photos for possible future publication;
generally used to promote & educate about destinations;
(travel media)
will national & state parks give permission to take-off-land
within park rather than one doing it from edge of park?
is it possible to get "blanket" permission in advance
for entire national or state system rather than approaching
one park at a time aka time consuming...?
interested in hearing from those that actually pursued
some form of this...rather than guesses. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Short answer would be no.

And the Contacts page

I think you will find the reasons in the first link. Idiots exercising stupidity in the beginning of the sUAS craze ruined it for those that followed.

The noise issues are a bit of a farce, as GA aircraft can overfly and are heard for miles where as most drones are barely a nuisance above 200’ AGL.

State parks will be on a state by state basis so check with the park service of each state in question.

Short answer would be no.

And the Contacts page

I think you will find the reasons in the first link. Idiots exercising stupidity in the beginning of the sUAS craze ruined it for those that followed.

The noise issues are a bit of a farce, as GA aircraft can overfly and are heard for miles where as most drones are barely a nuisance above 200’ AGL.

State parks will be on a state by state basis so check with the park service of each state in question.
Re: the first link. The noise issue in my opinion is BS. Like you said GA aircraft make much more noise. What about motorcycles with noisy or no mufflers? Or other autos for that matter. Do we see the parks administration doing anything about that? I have never heard a drone that was so noisy as to cause pain and ringing in my ears. I cannot say that for motorcycles.

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
I have never heard a drone that was so noisy as to cause pain and ringing in my ears. I cannot say that for motorcycles.
Truer words were never spoken.

A little bit of wondering off the subject, but........ Add to that, eighteen wheelers with their Jake brakes (compression brakes). They managed to get laws (nationally) that allow them to use them......"as emergency measures". Oh PLEASE!!!! What an absolute abuse! I have NEVER seen one used in an emergency circumstance (though I'm sure it happens). But..... they just get away with absolutely FLAUNTING it. The noise is abusive!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20