Is there a way to change critical battery auto land to 5%

Reaction score
Is there a way to change critical battery auto land to 5%, the default is 10% and and I dont see a way to lower that.Am I missing something.I saw a post where a member had his land with 2% left.

Is there a way to change critical battery auto land to 5%, the default is 10% and and I dont see a way to lower that.Am I missing something.I saw a post where a member had his land with 2% left.
You should be thinking the other way and making sure your Phantom is on the ground by 20% if you are interested in keeping it.

Why in the world would you want to do that? Consider this. You fly away from your home point, say 300 yards and hover to take some video at say 300 feet up. You have a 50% battery left and high winds come up. How are you planning to get home?

No

Meta4
I'm Going for distance on stock battery,5% shutdown would give me an extra 100?400'?? .Since I fly over the Atlantic that would make the difference between landing in the surf or on the beach.1 mile offshore with 23% battery landed at my feet with 9% left.Yeah I'm interested in keeping it,but I can live with the consequences
luc123321
Yep mine lands consistently at 9%
SteveAikens
Because I can :DYep I considered all that. I'm flying 20k away from home point ,Depending on the wind is when I turn . Todays turn was around 20,000+ with 48% battery left, critical landing at 40875' .If I dont make it,,,,so be it ,I know what the penalty is,
alokbhargava
Got it,thank you

Destroy your battery .......................

QED

Nigel

I used to know a pilot who was always pushing that envelope in his PA-18. One day he thought he could fly back to Nome from Fairbanks on full tanks......point is, "I used to know a pilot". We all live (or die) by our decisions....It's your drone to lose.

You can fly down to a safe 0%, just keep cancelling the warns. (You did this to reset the smart lipo), its not really 0 just the MINIMUM SAFE Voltage!!!! for a lipo - DJI are not daft.

solentlife
yep,it happens ,hasent yet but:rolleyes:(5 batteries 609 flights,1,717,811 ft,73 hours) (that would be a fun thread,average feet per flight :))

Nomesurveyor
Yes we do,and yes it is

SimonH78

I have the low batt warning set at 20%.The return to home warning is at 60% (only have to cancel that once and I'm good)
Lowest voltage I'v had after landing at 10% is 3.70,with that said after cooling battery down,then before charging I would check what the % is and that same 9% battery was at 22%(after resting) granted the remaining power had 900mAH :eek:after resting whereas it started with 4186mAH

When it starts to auto land push up on the left stick. you can get to the 2% your looking for...

I'm Going for distance on stock battery,5% shutdown would give me an extra 100?400'?? .Since I fly over the Atlantic that would make the difference between landing in the surf or on the beach.1 mile offshore with 23% battery landed at my feet with 9% left.Yeah I'm interested in keeping it,but I can live with the consequences
Believing that 9% on your battery indicator is 9% is a big mistake.
Look at your flight data and you see how the voltage that the battery can supply drops during a flight.
At 9% your battery is right on the edge of not being able to deliver anything.
I fly at sea all the time too and that makes you realise how having a safety margin is much more important than squeezing the last drop out of your batteries.
Real plane pilots always fly with a good safety reserve to deal with unanticipated events and it's the same with Phantoms.
The kind of flying you describe will result in losing your Phantom eventually.

Reactions: duse500
chazz
Got it Thanks
Meta4
Yep I watch my voltage as much as the % remaining
battery.You can go on until your blue in the face ,I'm not asking about a safety margin I'm asking about
squeezing the last drop out of my stock batteries.
As I said before ,,,, I can live with the consequences

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd