Is it safe to fly in Dubai with the temperatures?

Reaction score
Hi guys

I will be off to Dubai in October and i am not sure if the temperature will allow me to fly it there?

Any guys from Dubai on this forum for your comments?

Please advise.

Thanks

Palmax123

Hi guys

I will be off to Dubai in October and i am not sure if the temperature will allow me to fly it there?

Any guys from Dubai on this forum for your comments?

Please advise.

Thanks

Palmax123

hi man.

i am living in Dubai and i fly in all the seasons here, as long as my head handling the heat.:)

i just noticed that the battery life on the over heat is shrinking the time for more than 5 mints less..

Same here. I live in Middle East and nothing weird observed other than short flight time. But as he said not more than 3-5 minutes.
However I dont fly mid-day @ summer. Not for Phantom but it is not healhy for me under 50C :)

Most tablets/phones are rated to 35C, with the Shield rated to 30C. The pilot app is very processor intensive, so it really taxes tablets/phones. When it is too hot outside, the result is often lagging FPV or an overheat shutdown. The P3 itself is rated to 40C.

My guess is that there is some buffer in those numbers, but keep them in mind when making your decision to fly in extreme heat or not.

Reactions: snerd
I saw the average temperature in Dubai for October is around 30C. Sure it will be ok. Just one last question: the 5 mins flight time spoken about by omarkatwe, was that meant for the bird or battery?

Palmax.123 its minimise the battery life , i noticed that the over heat make the battery die faster than the normal or cold weather

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav