Is it an art or am I doing something wrong :)

Reaction score
Hey all,

So finally enjoying my P3S and I've bought the tablet holder, wind surfer and a lovely backpack carry case. I've uploaded 3 videos to YouTube so far which aren't perfect but I've enjoyed editing them together and adding music etc.

One thing though that's really bothering me which I thought would be the range is actually not it's the video feed quality and my poor flying.

When I've edited these videos together I've notice my camera work isn't fluid enough and quite snappy in some instances. Don't get me wrong I've been able to get 3-5 min video's out of my footage but I'm splitting footage and cutting most out because of my jerky turns or poor panning of my gimbal up and down. I think it comes from the fact my video feed is far from great, I'm turning and it's showing me stil pointing in the direction i started in.

So any tips would be appreciated, should I give magic power a go? Am I safe using this? Will it void warranty basically?

Cheers all :)

MagicPower is completely safe. It will not void the warranty, so long as you return to factory settings if you ever had to send it back. Also, running at 27dbm is completely safe as this is our default in the USA.

I'm not sure what magic power is, but there are some settings that will allow you to control the gimbal movement (I think it is there on the 3 series anyways). But yes, practicing turning and keeping the camera aimed on the subject is an art. One of the things I like to teach is that slow and steady will win the race... and get you the best footage. Quick and jerky will ruin what could be otherwise useful footage. If the scenes you are capturing are repeatable (meaning you're not trying to capture a moment before its gone forever), you should be able to have a few goes at it before moving on to another shot. Practice makes perfect and your skills should improve with practice.

As for the video feed, the 3's run on 2.4ghz and any additional wifi signals in the area could be interfering. There's not much you can do about that. On the other hand, it could be your mobile device lagging (shut down everything else running on it or do a clean restart). Just some thoughts.

Adjust your gimbal speed & your control sticks speed in your app settings. Makes a big difference in your video's when you slow these settings down.

Smooth camera movements come from smooth thumbs, but technology can definitely help.

First, adjust your Rudder EXP (Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings > EXP) and lower it to something like 0.30, to give yourself more control around center stick.

Second, work on your gimbal (Gimbal Settings > Advanced Settings). I don't have my Android tablet here, but going by memory (DJI GO 3.1.3) you have Speed and Buffering. The first controls how fast the camera pitches, so obviously lower numbers will make for less jerky movements. Buffering is very cool as it adds a "virtual inertia" to the pitch, so the camera accelerates/decelerates progressively when you move/release the dial. Be aware that on iOS (DJI GO 3.1.5) things appear to be slightly different.

Lastly, if you're experiencing a lot of video lag (especially if using a not-so-powerful device), do a quick search and learn how to optimize it (close all other apps, disable local video caching, turn phone off, etc).

Guys thanks for the replies and I shall look into all points added :)
Never actually thought of making sure my phone is cleared and not running any other apps etc .

I shall keep working on improving, does Magic Power actually help with video feed and range?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj