ipad??

I've used both Air 2 and Mini 3 with my P3P and prefer the Air 2. It runs a lot cooler than the Mini 3, plus has larger screen and not as much sun glare. Cons: Air 2 is slightly heavier and barely fits the holder.

Yes the only real difference is the aluminium bracket, I was very sceptical but it does make a massive difference, well worth the money.

well I've shown my buddy some of your reply's and he said this-----------------

Well it may be old info but the fact remained that neither my Iphone 5, or my Ipad would download the Dji Pilot App, it said incompatible on both.
=======================================================================

so did he do something wrong on trying to download the pilot app?

@teccer. Requires iPhone 5s and up, 2nd or 3rd gen iPad mini or 3rd gen and up iPads. It is all spelled out very clear in the app description.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438039068.087565.jpg

I used to have an android before and it was lagging a lot. I bought an ipad Air 2 and I can tell you that there is money Well Spend. I haven't had any issues since then. I recommend to use an IPAD with your P3P.. ** for the record I love my galaxy note 4**

I used to have an android before and it was lagging a lot. I bought an ipad Air 2 and I can tell you that there is money Well Spend. I haven't had any issues since then. I recommend to use an IPAD with your P3P.. ** for the record I love my galaxy note 4**

glad you mentioned the lag because my set-up on the V1.1.1 (getting a P3A sometime) I'm using a boscam TX-RX and fat shark goggles and I don't notice any lag at all but when we were setting up my buddies P3P on Sunday there was quite a noticeable lag on his android pad (Asus) so much so that I recon that when you see the tree branch close you've already hit it!!!!

glad you mentioned the lag because my set-up on the V1.1.1 (getting a P3A sometime) I'm using a boscam TX-RX and fat shark goggles and I don't notice any lag at all but when we were setting up my buddies P3P on Sunday there was quite a noticeable lag on his android pad (Asus) so much so that I recon that when you see the tree branch close you've already hit it!!!!

That was one of my main concerns when I started flying the P3P. The android app is so unstable to the point that I was afraid of flying and hitting something or even loosin the P3P. When I tried the Ipad Air 2 I felt the diference. No lags at all, I felt so confident and started flying longer distances.

I sent most of the important info to my buddy and this is the reply I got back.

Nope, I’ve got 8.4 in my Iphone and my Ipad, but it just comes up very plain, ‘this App is not compatible with your device’

I’ve had my Iphone now for nearly 2 years and Ipad for 4 or 5 years and I think they are just too old

?????

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 as well. I haven't had any trouble running the DJI Pilot app. You'll want to pick up a tablet sun shade since the screen is hard to see when you must fly in direct sun light. That's going to be an issue no matter which tablet you go with though.

FYI, if going with an iPad, it's a good idea to get a cellular version since it has GPS. You don't have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. At the moment, this will allow you to reset the home point to your current location in the DJI Pilot app -- which could be helpful if you move around a lot when flying. It could also come in handy later if DJI or other third party developers add features that require the software to know your current location (e.g. a follow me feature).
I'm using a iPad Mini 3 which works great in cooler temperatures, but in the summer heat of the late afternoon the Mini is overheating and causing FPV to pixelate and lag after about 10 minutes of flying. I'm working on measures to keep it cooler before I start and while in use. Transporting in a cooler helped, but I'm going to try attaching a small ice pack to the back of the Mini next time out. I'm talking about 90+ degree temps and extremely high humidity. I only use the iPad to fly and have added no other apps.

I sent most of the important info to my buddy and this is the reply I got back.

Nope, I’ve got 8.4 in my Iphone and my Ipad, but it just comes up very plain, ‘this App is not compatible with your device’

I’ve had my Iphone now for nearly 2 years and Ipad for 4 or 5 years and I think they are just too old

?????
You buddy is using an iPhone 5. He needs a 5s. And the mini won't work either. It must be a mini2 or newer.

I'm using a iPad Mini 3 which works great in cooler temperatures, but in the summer heat of the late afternoon the Mini is overheating and causing FPV to pixelate and lag after about 10 minutes of flying. I'm working on measures to keep it cooler before I start and while in use. Transporting in a cooler helped, but I'm going to try attaching a small ice pack to the back of the Mini next time out. I'm talking about 90+ degree temps and extremely high humidity. I only use the iPad to fly and have added no other apps.
Yes, same trouble here-- I have been sitting in my pickup with the ac running and it never heats up-- can get out about 2000 ft with LOS without signal lose inside the truck-- is about all the distance I every need-- if I need more, I will get out of the truck.

Yes, same trouble here-- I have been sitting in my pickup with the ac running and it never heats up-- can get out about 2000 ft with LOS without signal lose inside the truck-- is about all the distance I every need-- if I need more, I will get out of the truck.
That's a great idea. I didn't think I would have a strong enough signal if I was sitting in my vehicle.

anybody in the UK having problems with their ipads overheating, sounds a bit of a joke with the weather we're having this year but I thought I'd ask

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik