iPad video feed

Reaction score
busy day here today with all us newbies coming on asking stupid questions!

Thank you for help in advance.

My iPhone 7 displays video ok,so I know camera and lead are ok, but iPad doesn't display the video feed, however if I click to take a picture a perfect picture appears the gallery so I know the camera actually works ok to?

Head scratching!

Hi, first thing what version of iPad you trying to use, obviously iPhone 7 has heaps of grunt to display video and operate phantom, earlier iPads do not. If later version iPad, tell us details to try assist further.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi, first thing what version of iPad you trying to use, obviously iPhone 7 has heaps of grunt to display video and operate phantom, earlier iPads do not. If later version iPad, tell us details to try assist further.

Hi Laurie, it's an iPad Air so I would of thought new enough, I have discovered it's low on memory but I don't think this would effect just displaying the camera feed? Will have a clear out and see.

I don't know what other details to give, the camera on the drone works ok as it saves the pictures, I know the cable is ok as it feeds the iPhone ok. It's literally just the feed, I have a black screen on the iPad when in the go app. The video signal strength is full as I'm only sat next to it in my lounge

Ok let's keep going, let me know if you have solved, or not I'm not helping. Firstly confirm your Phantom is a Phantom 4? Assuming yes as you posted in this forum, are you able to fully see operation of the P4 with DJI app on your iPhone7 - eg settings, live video feed? (You don't need to fly to see this as you probably know). I'm trying to isolate what is and is not working for you, to try assist in the right area, so hopefully knowing all is find with iPhone 7 (if it is) we can focus exclusively on the iPad problem. I use iPad mini 3, with only 16gb memory so I know config works. If you feel it's the iPad, try deleting the app and reinstalling from App Store. Is there an error or anything indication on iPad (perhaps take a screen capture). Take your time & let us know

Ok let's keep going, let me know if you have solved, or not I'm not helping. Firstly confirm your Phantom is a Phantom 4? Assuming yes as you posted in this forum, are you able to fully see operation of the P4 with DJI app on your iPhone7 - eg settings, live video feed? (You don't need to fly to see this as you probably know). I'm trying to isolate what is and is not working for you, to try assist in the right area, so hopefully knowing all is find with iPhone 7 (if it is) we can focus exclusively on the iPad problem. I use iPad mini 3, with only 16gb memory so I know config works. If you feel it's the iPad, try deleting the app and reinstalling from App Store. Is there an error or anything indication on iPad (perhaps take a screen capture). Take your time & let us know

Thanks for your help, I tried it with a different cable and it seems to work just fine, which is odd (didn't think the lightning cable for iPhone would be any different to the iPad)

I use an iPad Air, first version and I see video, but it's not smooth like the iPhone 7, anyway.... I think the processing power needed for go app4 is not enough in the IPad Air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic