IOS DJI GO update 2.8.4

My Dji Go keeps crashing. And the GEO can be turned off. However, my app keeps crashing and only option is to report crash, which I did x2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

In their reply to my inquiry about short range. I actually lied about 200m but I got what I wanted to see... ;)

We need a lawyer's view on that.
Are they allowed to do this after selling it as 500m ?
Is it OK to still sell it as it is still advertised as 500m ?
Are we allowed for $150 refund since 500 - 350 = 150 ? We all paid $500 and up for this toy.

View attachment 59100

This is a change of already sold product. You should be able to refund through the EU regulations. And i am thinking they also reduced range in P3P in P3A CE. Many of people have problems.

Take a look into it:
Range issues or not after firmware 1.6.8 in FCC mode vs CE mode,vote

They are doing that also by silently adding of new NFZ's what is also limiting of functionality.

I didn't read everything in the thread this time. I downloaded the app and flew at lunch today. No changes with distance to decrease. I still got over 2500 feet away with my P3S. That is about my max for LOS. No issues. All I noticed was the Truecolor option for photos was gone. [emoji19]. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't read everything in the thread this time. I downloaded the app and flew at lunch today. No changes with distance to decrease. I still got over 2500 feet away with my P3S. That is about my max for LOS. No issues. All I noticed was the Truecolor option for photos was gone. [emoji19]. Oh well.

As we are both are in the US with FCC mode, I think we dodged a bullet on this update.

Did update this afternoon, along with latest firmware.
I did let a friend try it out first, he is getting a warning now in the warning zone but other than that its all good.

I have not flown mine yet with update, just wanted to be sure first.

Does not appear to be any issue with distances, he was getting 1.5kms with no problems and showing full bars on display.

FCC Mode ???
CE mode???? what these mean?

This has been discussed at length many many many times.
Hundreds of discussions threads on here.

The drone knows where you are I. World and adapts its power output on transmite/receive accordingly.
Fcc is USA, ce is everywhere else

This has been discussed at length many many many times.
Hundreds of discussions threads on here.

The drone knows where you are I. World and adapts its power output on transmite/receive accordingly.
Fcc is USA, ce is everywhere else
Sorry to asked a question, had forgotten what ment.

So after reading all the comments regarding the 2.8.4 update, the "bug fixes" portion of this update... I have a P3P and the previous update screwed up the video feed to my tablet that was "cured" by removing my MicroSD card and replacing it with a lesser capable MicroSD card, once I did that, the video feed to my tablet cleared up nicely, but now I'm stuck with having to use a 16GB MicroSD instead of my 32GB MicroSD memory card.

Does anyone know if the 2.8.4 update fixes this video feed / microSD card issue?

Not clear, but I bet it was either in 1.5.7 or 1.6.8. Ask DJI.
Hope this message doesn't get deleted by op. Thank you btw.

My chat with DJI abruptly ended when I asked why range was lowered

Sketchy.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So after reading all the comments regarding the 2.8.4 update, the "bug fixes" portion of this update... I have a P3P and the previous update screwed up the video feed to my tablet that was "cured" by removing my MicroSD card and replacing it with a lesser capable MicroSD card, once I did that, the video feed to my tablet cleared up nicely, but now I'm stuck with having to use a 16GB MicroSD instead of my 32GB MicroSD memory card.

Does anyone know if the 2.8.4 update fixes this video feed / microSD card issue?
Even if you shoot 4K continuous video for a 30+ minute flight, you will never fill up even a 16GB MicroSD card in a single flight. Good practice would dictate that you should also change cards every time you land, to make sure you never lose any previous flight's recordings, should the next flight be unrecoverable. So, I have to ask, why do you need to use a 32GB card, when 16GB cards are already larger than you will likely ever need? Are you really shooting more than a thousand DNG + JPG images per flight?

Noticed the GEO on off toggle in software.

The only issue i have with geo is that they only do circles, so the actually zone is a lot larger than in real life.

Noticed the GEO on off toggle in software.

The only issue i have with geo is that they only do circles, so the actually zone is a lot larger than in real life.

So does that mean if you just don't enable it that you will go back to how it was with no restrictions?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl