iOS 8.4 Have You Updated?

Reaction score
I see the update iOS 8.4 is available for download now. Have you installed it? Any problems with the Pilot app? Thanks!

I'm flying the P3 on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.0 beta 2 but I have an iPad Mini on iOS 8.4 as a backup just in case. All working fine.

Reactions: snerd
Installed 8.4 on my new Air 2 and have been running the pilot app inside for a few hours. No issues at all. Will fly a little later and update this.

The iOS 8.3 update broke almost all external BT GPS devices, forcing me to buy a $300 compatible BT GPS device in the interim, and this 8.4 update supposedly restores that functionality, but I am leary. Once burned, twice shy.

Pilot requires GPS location information for lots of its functionality, including setting Home Point to the transmitter location, so this is a valid concern. My GolfLogix golf club tracking app was completely ruined by the 8.3 update, as it couldn't find me on the course anymore, let alone accurately measure drives and distances to the green.

There is no rollback available, after updating to 8.4, so let's have more early adopters reassure us. So far, the reports are positive.

(Can anyone tell me how to delete my duplicate mislabeled thread created in the P3P Help thread grouping? Thanks!)

Last edited:
Only a mod can delete threads. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm waiting a bit longer before updating, I think.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Only a mod can delete threads. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm waiting a bit longer before updating, I think.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. I'm waiting, too. I may stop by CostCo this afternoon and pick up an iPad Air 2 just to find out, that I may dedicate to the P3P. Only $437 for the 16 GB version, which should be fine for just the Pilot app. It's the processor and the nonreflective screen that really matter. Everything else is stored on the Micro SD card. If 8.4 update messes it up, I can just return it for another, and not update it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen