Invalid drone data fix?

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with Pix4D processing due to bad drone data? Sometimes, I realize only when I attempt to process the data that the captured drone data was invalid due to bad brightness or missing GCPs and I end up having to go back to site to refly which causes a lot of delay. Does anyone else face this issue? Any apps that can help? Is there a way to know that the data captured is bad/incomplete right after completing the flight?

Pix4D capture seem to not control brightness/iso/wb settings.

I'm not using their 3D reconstruction services, only the Android app for flying. So I can't tell whether mine is the best config for their algorithm. Anyway before starting Pix4D app, I'm always starting Dji Go to make sure ISO/brightness is on "auto", and white balance is NOT set on auto - I keep it at 0.

Then closing the Go, disconnecting and reconnecting USB, and running Pix4d Capture.

Reactions: roto116 and Capt KO
Pix4D capture seem to not control brightness/iso/wb settings.

I am also using Pix4Dcapture and am frequently affected by this issue. Good to know that I am not the only one.

Anyway before starting Pix4D app, I'm always starting Dji Go to make sure ISO/brightness is on "auto", and white balance is NOT set on auto - I keep it at 0.

Then closing the Go, disconnecting and reconnecting USB, and running Pix4d Capture.

I don't mind doing this, but it is kind of hard to keep track of these little quirks before every flight. And if you forget and proceed to fly, then your entire mission data is useless. I am hoping someone has an automated workflow where bad data (motion blur, brightness etc.) can be identified easily post-flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj