Invalid Battery on Phantom Vision..Advice needed.

Hello, this is my first post here. I am a new owner of the dji vision 2 plus. I bought it 2 weeks ago. Today after 4 uses with the upgraded versions of the DJI (i upgraded everything, firmware, battery, e.t.c) i got the "invalid battery" sign too. I couldn't fly it and even though i changed the batteries (all batteries brand new original DJI) the error didn't leave. I didn't know what to do so i reset my wi-fi extender. :?
I don't know if that helped or i was just lucky but the problem disappeared. What do you think of that? Is it safe to fly it or should i return it (i don't have it more than a month)

Thank you very much in advance

thank you for the reply. The weird thing is that the drone is brand new! I mean i am a professional photographer, shooting dozens pics by the sea and i had never had problem with any devises contacts before. I thought that it was a serious brand but this is very odd... Can' they just change the pin system? When we say this is a ready to fly system we don't mean yes sure, but you have to repair it every 8-10 flight.

Cleaning contact pins is not repairing it. It's preventitive maintenance. I flew mine for 6 months before ever getting this message. So I clean them to prevent a problem. Shooting video near water exacerbates the potential contact problem. They could have soldered the battery in to eliminate any contact problem. But then you would have to plug the Phantom in to recharge it unable to fly. Adding a removable battery is a trade off. Adds convience at the cost of mechanical contacts which are a weakness. I think everyone would prefer removable batteries and deal with the contacts. Remember all electronic products with contacts can have problems with them. It's just that a flying craft adds more drama to this.

If you are flying anything you must be willing to perform preventive maintanence. Even real airplanes do this.

Geo

Geert said:
GhostMaster said:
Im sure it is.

Members reported these problems BEFORE the new P330CB firmware.
Be careful with spreading these rumors.

Geert./.
Like i said im sure what im saying, in the next few days more people will be saying the same, wait for it.

Geert said:
GhostMaster said:
Like i said im sure what im saying, in the next few days more people will be saying the same, wait for it.

Then please explain to me why people were reporting these messages 2 weeks ago BEFORE the new update?

Geert./.
You are confusing think, its not exactly the same error. Vision battery on the app is one thing this is to all p2 line, its to block non genuine lipos, but they are blocking some genuine too.

HELP INVALID BATTERY

ok have just updated my p2v to 3.08 thinking it was safe to do so and now all am getting is invalid battery. Anyone know how to put this right or point me in the right direction

Re: HELP INVALID BATTERY

Thanks Geert that was the first thing I did but no joy. have sorted it now just reloaded update and it all seems to be ok now

shaun27 said:
Thanks Geert that was the first thing I did but no joy. have sorted it now just reloaded update and it all seems to be ok now

It has the p330cb update, dji reverted the update and now everything works as expected.

PHANTOM 2 VISION+ Product Release Notes
© 2014 DJI. All Rights Reserved. 1
Firmware Updates on November 28
Overview:
a) Central board firmware updated to v1.0.2.10.
Major New Features
a) Fixed potential gimbal issues that may arise when the remote controller signal is lost.
b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom.
c) Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass.

Same thing... I bet third party lipos are now block and the genuine ones work as expected...

GhostMaster said:
PHANTOM 2 VISION+ Product Release Notes
© 2014 DJI. All Rights Reserved. 1
Firmware Updates on November 28
Overview:
a) Central board firmware updated to v1.0.2.10.
Major New Features
a) Fixed potential gimbal issues that may arise when the remote controller signal is lost.
b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom.
c) Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass.

Same thing... I bet third party lipos are now block and the genuine ones work as expected...
yeah probably
they F***ED it up again like every time

I must say after reading all of these complaints about the invalid battery and the fact that my huge investment may just fall out of the sky is disconcerning....has there been a resolution with any of this ie: cliff notes on how they fixed it without me having to read the last 35 pages......any help would be appreciated...ordered my phantom vision yesterday....should I cancel it?

Now that I have a new Limefuel I always connect the Phantom Vision to the assistant with no internet. A regular DJI with over 60 cycles and my new Limefuel with +7 cycles are performing very well and I plan to keep them as that

phantomi said:
Now that I have a new Limefuel I always connect the Phantom Vision to the assistant with no internet. A regular DJI with over 60 cycles and my new Limefuel with +7 cycles are performing very well and I plan to keep them as that
Clever decision...

1st_time_flyer said:
I must say after reading all of these complaints about the invalid battery and the fact that my huge investment may just fall out of the sky is disconcerning....has there been a resolution with any of this ie: cliff notes on how they fixed it without me having to read the last 35 pages......any help would be appreciated...ordered my phantom vision yesterday....should I cancel it?

^^anybody?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor