Introducing Dronetrotter.com

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just recently joined the forum and am already looking forward to some great discussions with you guys.

I am the founder of Dronetrotter.com (http://www.dronetrotter.com). I'm sure many of you have already come across other platforms which allow you to share your drone videos and perhaps also pinpoint them on a big world map. At the moment, that is still the key element of the website. And by all means, I do not want to claim to be the only one promoting this particular idea. That would be a lie.

However, unlike some of the other websites, I have a vision which goes well beyond simply showing a map with a bunch of videos. My goal is to create more than just a video sharing platform for private drone pilots or aerial photography. My goal is to turn Dronetrotter into a hub for travellers around the world, who are looking for inspiration and tools to support them plan their next trip. Planning becomes easy and fun.

The sites target audiences will be two-fold:

1. Drone Enthusiasts & Professionals
  • share your videos
  • help map the world with beautiful aerial footage
  • showcase your professional services if you offer any

2. Prospective Travellers
  • get inspiration for your next vacation
  • plan your trip with the help of beautiful footage
  • share your trips with others

The website is in an ongoing beta phase. Unfortunately building such a site is a time-consuming process and since I am a "one-man-show" doing this next to my normal day job, I am unfortunately not progressing as quickly as I would like. There is also no user management system in place yet. However, the current key features are fully functional and anyone can add their videos to the database right now. And for those who leave their E-Mail address whilst adding their videos, once the user management system is in place, you will be able to create an account and link all your previous submissions as long as you use the same E-Mail address.

If you would like to contribute, please do so. Any support is greatly appreciated. Also, if you find any bugs or have recommendations for improvements, please let me know and I will gladly add them to my looooong To-Do list ;)

Anyway, that's it for now. Very much looking forward to having you visit and hear your questions or comments. Oh, and if you enjoy the site, please do share it with your friends! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fly on! :)
Christian

I have one of my videos on it for Jacksonville FL. The site seems cool and my friends love looking at all the videos from around the world.

Zel

Nice! Thanks for posting my freighters in Sault St Marie, even tho it has some jello :) I had just gotten my first Phantom 1.

@RiverPriate: Should be up now ;-) Although you got pretty lucky that I was busy approving a batch just now. Normally it will depend a bit on how busy I am with other things. In the future I plan to let the community decide which videos to approve. But it's still gonna take some time until I get to that point. Until then I need to do it manually.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik