Insurance for your Phantom

Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on Insurance, here in the Uk I have been quoted £750 for the drone and public liability of 5 million or 620 with 2 million liability.

Cover drone will not only do public liability.

What are peoples suggestions, I am intending on turning this into a business.

Hi mich, I am in a similar position to you right now, looking to get into the pro AP game. Difference being I intend to use it from a surveying point of view. However the law is the same for us both. I'm currently working towards my BNUC-S course which allows legal flying for financial gain in the UK as you need permisson from the CAA to fly for money.

http://eurousc.com/services/pilot-qualifications/

Not sure if you are aware but you will need this qualification to get most insurance policies out there. If you already have it ignore me ;) If you just want cheap liability insurance try the BMFA who offer super cheap insurance provided you work under their own regulations.

https://bmfa.org/Info/BMFA-Insurances/Insurance

If you already have the BNUC-S qualification I was wondering if you could shed any light on what is expected of us, in terms of pilot skill and knowlege. I feel I'm pretty good but don't want to miss anything.

Last edited:
It's around €1000 here in Ireland and they won't pay out on damage to your drone for the first 2 years.

Was I right in saying that its not really possible to get insurance without training? That's what I've read online... Has anyone out here done the BNUC-S course?

Joesrevolution, I go and do my course on the 22nd of this month so I cant help you at the moment.

I picked up a $2m Umbrella Policy from my agent who provides my auto and home insurance. He advised me to do it to cover things home could fall short on. Say a kid trips and falls in my yard and is seriously hurt, it would cover my in case of a sue happy parent. Years later, it also works to cover should I have an incident with my multirotor. I generally never fly around people however if these things fly off, no telling where they will end up and what they may hit. Mine was only like $250 a year ,or something silly cheap like that, a year. Well worth it.

I have no insurance other than automotive currently.

Just hoping that I won't need any other insurance in the near future. I try not to fly over 400' or around people/buildings.

Hi mich, I am in a similar position to you right now, looking to get into the pro AP game. Difference being I intend to use it from a surveying point of view. However the law is the same for us both. I'm currently working towards my BNUC-S course which allows legal flying for financial gain in the UK as you need permisson from the CAA to fly for money.

http://eurousc.com/services/pilot-qualifications/

Not sure if you are aware but you will need this qualification to get most insurance policies out there. If you already have it ignore me ;) If you just want cheap liability insurance try the BMFA who offer super cheap insurance provided you work under their own regulations.

https://bmfa.org/Info/BMFA-Insurances/Insurance

If you already have the BNUC-S qualification I was wondering if you could shed any light on what is expected of us, in terms of pilot skill and knowlege. I feel I'm pretty good but don't want to miss anything.

I am RPQ-S but the BNUC-s is quite similar. The knowledge is what you get from the course. You will have to demonstrate when asked. Nothing tricky or trying to entrap you. The flight test depend on the assessor but there is no aerobatics or anything like that if it is what you mean. Basically, knowing what you're doing with the sticks, nose in and nose out, evaluate distances, flying Atti and GPS, using failsafe if asked to do so. Overall a nice and positive experience.

Mi
What are peoples thoughts on Insurance, here in the Uk I have been quoted £750 for the drone and public liability of 5 million or 620 with 2 million liability.

Cover drone will not only do public liability.

What are peoples suggestions, I am intending on turning this into a business.
Mick I'm looking at exactly the same thing, where did ya get that quote fella

Stuart, the company is Coverdrone, that quote was for 5 million public liability as well, but if you only want 2 million pl on top of your drone its 620

I also went with Resource RPQs. Just felt I was getting a more thorough qualification to work professionally than with Bnuc. Coverdrone wouldn't insure without being CAA approved, they are who I am insured with. Premium has gone down now after 1 year with a Vulcan Mantis, and moving onto Phantom 3, thankfully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.