Inspire remote on the Phantom 3 = HDMI output

If this can be done, what firmware will you need for future use of the inspire remote witht the phantom 3? Inspires firmware or phantom 3? Does it matter?

As long as the inspire tx is on the current INSPIRE fw, it will bind to the p3 without issue. Make sure you have dual output enabled before unbind from the inspire. Once bound to the p3 it will won't show any of the hdmi options.

As long as the inspire tx is on the current INSPIRE fw, it will bind to the p3 without issue. Make sure you have dual output enabled before unbind from the inspire. Once bound to the p3 it will won't show any of the hdmi options.
Thank you. you have to unbind before it takes a new device such as the phantom 3? Interesting. This is a stand alone remote. Never paired to the inspire. Do I just make sure dual output is enabled before binding to the phantom 3?

Thank you. you have to unbind before it takes a new device such as the phantom 3? Interesting. This is a stand alone remote. Never paired to the inspire. Do I just make sure dual output is enabled before binding to the phantom 3?

When you bind to the p3 it unbinds from the inspire. If you dont have an inspire I highly recommend to NOT purchase the inspire tx. Just wait for the hdmi board or get a shield.

When you bind to the p3 it unbinds from the inspire. If you dont have an inspire I highly recommend to NOT purchase the inspire tx. Just wait for the hdmi board or get a shield.
A shield is useless to me other than for HDMI output. I really don't like android. There's no commitment in release for an HDMI board. When I asked chat, they said 2-3 months. Well, I have sensitive eyes to sunlight and would like to wear fpv glasses instead. The glare is bad on an iPad even with a sun shield. What's the reason for highly recommending?

Couldn't I use one until the board arrives and then put one in and then sell the inspire remote? Seems people are buying them in the rcgroups marketplace. Or just keep the inspire remote. I may even want to try an inspire. Hopefully Dji would sell one individually since I'll have the remote.

A shield is useless to me other than for HDMI output. I really don't like android. There's no commitment in release for an HDMI board. When I asked chat, they said 2-3 months. Well, I have sensitive eyes to sunlight and would like to wear fpv glasses instead. The glare is bad on an iPad even with a sun shield. What's the reason for highly recommending?

Couldn't I use one until the board arrives and then put one in and then sell the inspire remote? Seems people are buying them in the rcgroups marketplace. Or just keep the inspire remote. I may even want to try an inspire. Hopefully Dji would sell one individually since I'll have the remote.

The board is not that far out and it has been confirmed. I have been in close talks with the pm about it. Without an inspire you will have no way to change outputs on the inspire tx.

I read that you think you will be able to use a ipad4? This is also false, it will crash if not run at all.

The board is not that far out and it has been confirmed. I have been in close talks with the pm about it. Without an inspire you will have no way to change outputs on the inspire tx.

I read that you think you will be able to use a ipad4? This is also false, it will crash if not run at all.

I said the app works on the iPad 4. I'm using it to look at my logs. But if that's the case, I won't fly with it then

I understand you might be under NDA. If so, then let me know that. Any guess on time frame ( if don't know - that's ok) or cost?

I understand you might be under NDA. If so, then let me know that. Any guess on time frame ( if don't know - that's ok) or cost?

Yes under NDA but this was actually announced by him, so not secret.

I do have a timeframe but do not want to give it.. For obvious reason they probably won't make it.. I have not been told a price but he did say it was going to be at a friendly price.

Yes under NDA

I have bound the Inspire remote with the P3 and can confirm it binds ok and video is output via HDMI

I have bound the Inspire remote with the P3 and can confirm it binds ok and video is output via HDMI
Thanks. Wish I knew someone with an inspire locally. Evidently a new remote will require the inspire

Pairing the remote is easy and takes less than 15 seconds.

Pairing the remote is easy and takes less than 15 seconds.
What blade strike is saying is that you can't enable HDMI out on a remote that has not been first paired to an inspire. So purchasing just a remote seems out of the question. If I am understanding correctly

Yes probably right - however I think a default remote on the Inspire has the option to enable HDMI output when purchased from DJI (I may be incorrect on this) ie before it is paired on to a P3 - the menu is still there to enable the tick box as long it was enabled before pairing to the P3. After it is paired with a P3 the option to enable the tick box probably disappears if it was enabled in the first place. Does this mean a factory inspire remote needs to be paired with a inspire first? Don't know.. maqybe somebody can chime in..

Well, I ordered one from Amazon prime. It will be here tomorrow. I already requested a return since I have a prime account, the cost was only 6 bucks in shipping to return it. I wasn't going to open it, but now you have me thinking I may. If it works, I'll keep it and sell it at a later date. There's plenty of people whom have inspires that want a second remote. This was ordered before any of this dialogue. I couldn't get a straight answer til today.

Does the menu with tic off box show up in the pilot app when pairing?

Well when you connect the DJI Pilot app and enable USB debugging on Android or 'Trust' on Ios you get the remote settings on the tablet including the menu to link RC controllers, setting master and slave etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31