Input needed on Walkera G-2d Plastic White

Reaction score
Any help or info on a Walkera White g2-d gimble?

I have a fc40, and after installing my Walkera G-2D White gimble WITHOUT the pitch control lever installed, my gopro tends to stay in a slight upward position after powerup at a 2º or 3º upward position. I have a 3 wire servo connector coupled to the NASA F2 -/+/signal and same to the Gimble Pitch connect. The gimble is power by a 7.3v battery. I suspect, nothing should really happen to the pitch/tilt control even if connected WITHOUT the Pitch Control Lever. But, I thought the cam would at least level to a horizontal or slight downward plane? Nothing I do will level the cam to a horizontal or provide me that slight downward angle. Is that normal when not using the pitch control lever?

If you are not using the pitch control, why are you connected to Naza? Apply power to the gimble with a separate battery or use the aux power from the quad. .

If you are not using the pitch control, why are you connected to Naza? Apply power to the gimble with a separate battery or use the aux power from the quad. .
That's fully understood. I have the NASA connected so I can connect a pitch control lever later.

My original unanswered question was, why isn't the cam level or in a slight downward position when powered and the gimble goes through it's startup routine? It remains in a 2º - 3º upward slant position after the gimble powerup routine. Is that normal?

I would apply only power externally to the gimble and see what happens. The 2 pots V1 and V2 will adjust to level and set pitch angle. It that works then the gimble should be ok. I have heard in some cases when connected to Naza, the pitch angle will double the movement for some reason. I can't help with that part. I doubt I will connect my pitch control. I don't see a good reason for it unless I was using the camera for fpv and needed to see its view.

on the bottom of the gimbal control,there are three adjustment screws. one is for pitch,the other is balance. the one by itself is a gain adjustment. with the power on,adjust the screws .

I've seen those adj screws and hate messing with factory settings. But it seems I have to. Cam is just set too high. Windy as hell today but all I saw were the props when level. Thanks. I'll try them and report findings.

on the bottom of the gimbal control,there are three adjustment screws. one is for pitch,the other is balance. the one by itself is a gain adjustment. with the power on,adjust the screws .
Any clue which is which?? Pitch? Balance or Gain? V1-V2?

I fully appreciate, value, and acknowledge all who've offered their advice on my problem with the Walkera g2-d White Plastic Gimble.

However, if I can offer a single bit of advice to my own problem solved on the issue to others who may suffer a similar issue...

After several attempts to turn on and off the power several times, hoping it would reset, and of course, waiting several seconds in between cycles for the unit to recycle properly. I then pulled and checked the voltage on the battery. Found it to be below spec/voltage. Installed a fresh battery and the camera reset to the desired level.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you use a 7.4v batt to power the unit be sure it's fully charged for each use. If you use decide to use the 11.1v power from the Phantom fc40 batt power be prepared to lose some flight time.

Reactions: IflyinWY
My gimble seems to work but I have this jitter is some of the video. I'm not sure what is causing it. It'a a small jitter like tapping a telescope and the image will move if that makes sense. I Compressed the rubbers and that helped but then I got jello. I have tried new props. I don't remember having this before the gimble. As far as holding position, the gimble seems fine. I'm shooting 1080 at 30 fps. I was wondering if using the 7.4 v battery has anything to do with it. Even the instructions suggest the 11.1 volt power. I really didn't want to take away from flight pack. The battery for the gimble weighs 47 grams. I don't know if I'm saving anything by carrying it as opposed to just using the flight pack for power.How much flight time have you lost due to powering the gimble?

I have had wires wrapped around the motor or the base and that has caused the jitters.

Have you hovered nearby and watched the gimbal?

I have had wires wrapped around the motor or the base and that has caused the jitters.

Have you hovered nearby and watched the gimbal?
I doubt I would be able to see this movement. Like I said before, the jitter seems to be side to side.It's not a lot but enough to make the image not crisp. It may vary with prop speed. As I review pre gimble videos, I don't see this. Just a little jello at times.This is taking place with mild flying. Not sure how to correct this.

On my 1st flight with the gimble attached using the aux power from the 11.1v 2200mah standard battery also powering the Phantom I showed a loss of almost a full minute before the 1st red flashing LED. Switching to a 2nd 11.1v 2200mah on the 2nd attempt I've seen hardly any loss of time. The 1st battery must be showing it's age.

As for the power recommended for the Gimble g2-d? The manual is showing a 7.4v ~ 28v (recommended 12v 3S lipo battery). Which is odd because I haven't seen a 11.1v with a jst connector. And that's a jst connector that was provided in the install kit that came with the gimble?? And what's with the wide range in power 7.4v ~ 28v 12v? I can only assume they're all good to use. If anyone can come up with a solid answer, I'm listening!

A minute loss is not that bad. I'm sure you would lose that carrying an additional battery for the gimble. Question. Do you have to change anything on gimble when using different voltage power supplies?

A minute loss is not that bad. I'm sure you would lose that carrying an additional battery for the gimble. Question. Do you have to change anything on gimble when using different voltage power supplies?
No I didn't. Started with the 7.4v 300mah battery. Then when I opened the shell to get to the NASA to install the Servo wire for the F2 terminal I connected a jst connector to the aux lead wire within the Phantom and powered the gimble. Worked the same.

lake_flyer said he just used a servo 3 female wire to the F2 on the NASA then plugged the other female into the Pitch terminal of the gimble and was able to power it up that way. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for me. Would have been nice to eliminate the need for the 2 different wire connections.

I
have the FC40 with Plastic G-2D and hero 4 with originel battery and i can fly for about 9 1/2 min.
If any one has some vibrations or jello than its most of the time caused by the wires for tilt control or power, you keem them losly with a bow, if to thight there is a transfer of vibrations from dji to gimble

Last edited:
No I didn't. Started with the 7.4v 300mah battery. Then when I opened the shell to get to the NASA to install the Servo wire for the F2 terminal I connected a jst connector to the aux lead wire within the Phantom and powered the gimble. Worked the same.

lake_flyer said he just used a servo 3 female wire to the F2 on the NASA then plugged the other female into the Pitch terminal of the gimble and was able to power it up that way. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for me. Would have been nice to eliminate the need for the 2 different wire connections.
You dont need the aux powercable if you just use the complete servocable from f2 to the g-2d gimbel the naza gives the power

Hi guys,

Received my g-2 d gimbal and on first test, worked mostly fine, after finding the closest balance weight with FC 40 camera.
But, as an idiot, I thought I could make better....and entered PAM :: what a mess !!!
Could someone tell me how to reset to factory settinggs ?
That would be of great help !

Pierre

You dont need the aux powercable if you just use the complete servocable from f2 to the g-2d gimbel the naza gives the power
If you paid closer attention to the g-2d instructions for recommended power requirements, it clearly calls for no less than 7.4v to no greater than 12v. The F2 connection from the NASA only gives 5v of power. So, you'll be under powering your g-2d which could result in damaging it. Thanks but no thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic