Industrial Wasteland

Reaction score
The site is massive, so the video only concentrates on one part.

I learned a lot from this video.

I have always had a habit of not pressing record on the GoPro, not just on the Phantom, but for loads of things! So pre-flight camera checks were focussed around pressing record as opposed to checking the final angle of the camera. Hello prop shadows! Spotted it at my battery change, but only used the footage for the last minute or so of the video.
Similarly, it wasn't till I watched the footage back that there was some extreme cases of jello. Further inspection of my camera mount showed up a TINY amount of play between the mount and the body of the Phantom. I made an isolation pad out of several layers of PVC insulating tape which has worked a treat!

Perspective. When I flew out to one of the bridges, it looked like I was very close, when really I was not as close as I hoped. Similarly, on return to the other bridge, I was concentrating on lining the angle of the Phantom up for a low and fast pass of the bridge. I got that spot on, but was much closer to the trees than I originally thought!

As I said, the site is massive, so I will be back to make some more videos, taking on board what I learned from the first time.

A little picture for perspective.
InstagramCapture_5d06ba6e-7242-4c1e-8329-cbf90fc4a6f2.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
Powerstation cooling towers.

Gas fired though, so no exciting glow-in-the-dark night footage :D

Powerstation cooling towers.

Gas fired though, so no exciting glow-in-the-dark night footage :D
Was just wondering :eek: cool bro !! Keep em coming then ;)

I'm surprised they so comprehensively removed most of the old steel works but the foundation concrete is largely still there.
It's interesting how the birch trees seem to like the site and are re-colonising fast.

I thought the very same about the foundations, same for the roads in general, possibly part of a bigger plan.

It really is amazing how quickly nature has taken back the site. I grabbed a few snaps from the ground too:

WP_20150321_11_50_29_Pro-1.jpg

WP_20150321_11_50_32_Pro-1.jpg

WP_20150321_11_50_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20150321_11_51_29_Pro-1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31