Inconsistent data in J+R Image Formats

Reaction score
When Image Format is set to 'J+R' in the camera setup, two pictures are taken: one in DNG and another in JPG format. When displaying the picture properties, the picture sizes don't match: DNG is displayed as 960x720 while JPG is 4000x3000 (see the attached screenshot). Neither data is correct because the real picture dimensions are: 3992x2992. Looks like rather sloppy programming of the camera unit, but maybe someone has a better explanation?

Attachments

• DNG vs JPG.png
    DNG vs JPG.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 320
I just started shooting in RAW as well and was curious about the DNG file. When I download the file from the SD card there is black space around the image, not a full image like the JPG, as I'm new to DNG can anyone confirm if this is the case with DNG files?

I just started shooting in RAW as well and was curious about the DNG file. When I download the file from the SD card there is black space around the image, not a full image like the JPG, as I'm new to DNG can anyone confirm if this is the case with DNG files?
Hi r62ewa,
A 'DNG' is an Adobe format for storing raw image data (see: DNG vs RAW). You need to have a DNG converter to view the file (I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 which uses Camera Raw 9.5 to view and process raw images). As I have just learned, there is a small JPG image embedded inside the DNG file, so you can preview your files on a computer. This is probably what you see with the black space around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures